Inserting from Photobucket?

If the FSF sites are ever unavailable, please check our help site - which is hosted on a different server - at help.simming.net. It is recommended that you bookmark this site for emergencies. And if you need help with something that is not covered on the Help site, please post it here and someone will typically get back to you within 24 hours!

Inserting from Photobucket?

Postby FSF Sail » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:33 pm

I'll begin by reminding all of you that I'm one of the least savvy users of the forums. It took a full 2 years before yesterday, I successfully loaded a photo into a character bio all by my lonesome. Afterward, I thought it might be wise to have my own space to store and upload character photos into profiles, so I set up a Photobucket account.

When I attempted to upload a photo into a character bio post on the forums, I received the following:

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

What am I not doing properly? Thanks for the help.

Dan
FSF Sail (Just Dan)

Re: Inserting from Photobucket?

Postby FSF Who » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:43 pm

First let's do a test...

Assuming that worked (I'll edit this post if it didn't) then all you need to do is make sure you use the "Direct Link" from the Image Links menu on your photobucket (It should be to the right) and insert it between the image tags, for example mine above looks like the following.
Code: Select all
[img]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/RogueSith/SFOL/parani.gif[/img]
FSF Who
FSF CoO || Space Fleet FCO || GM: Star Wars: Paragon || GM: Star Wars: Shadow Squadron
FSF Who
FSF Host (OO****)

Re: Inserting from Photobucket?

Postby FSF Sail » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Who, as always, you rock. Thanks for the help, and also, I enjoyed our chat yesterday.

Dan
FSF Sail (Just Dan)

Return to Help & Assistance