S02Ep09 The Red King

Where the crew of the Star Trek: Entity sim come to post their in-character posts.

S02Ep09 The Red King

Postby FSF Gabe » Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 am

Season 2
The Legacy, a computer program that caters the ability to predict the future has prophesied the end for humanity. The Council, an unseen unheard backbone of the Federation, who has used the Legacy to stay two steps ahead of the prophecy, turn from preparing the Federation for the end, to combating it as new variable is introduced into the Legacy's quantum equation, "The Prophet." With this, the Council moves to building a new ship, the most technological advanced starship ever created, and with that forging a new crew, the best and brightest that the Federation has. The ship will be known as the Eternity, and her crew will be the last best hope for saving humanity.

But are The Council's acts going against the Legacy, circumventing its dire prophecy, or, are they just another stepping stone to mankind's unescapable fate?

Episode 9 "The Red King"
Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire. The Hope and her crew have escaped a Borg infested space with a collection of survivors from the decay left in the Collective's war machine; the Eternity. Now, in the safety of the Underspace, Hope and her crew now come face to face with the faction known throughout the quadrant as the Syndicate, seeking sanctuary within the floating city of Crimson in the audience of the Red King.
Gabriel Logan
YouTube Channel
Creator and FSF Host: Star Trek Eternity
Writer In: The Dead Fall: Safehouse
FSF Gabe
FSF Host (**)

Re: S02Ep09 The Red King

Postby FSF Gabe » Mon May 20, 2013 1:19 am

Story Note
The Hope has evaded the Eternity using the nanite bomb. With Logan's input of commands and calculations, the Interpid has made it into the Underspace. Now, with their warp nacelle fragged without the possibility of warp, the ship is now at the mercy of the society dwelling within the Underspace. The ship has come to a stop at the behest of six heavy assault frigates holding in a blockade pattern between Hope and the Floating City. These ship's hold the mark of the Syndicate.

*Writer's may write their actions up to the current timeline (that includes actions associated with the previous episode).
Gabriel Logan
YouTube Channel
FSF Gabe
FSF Host (**)

Postby Sonja Kinnunen » Mon May 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Commander Talla Vreenak
Executive Officer, U.S.S. Hope
Bridge

Vreenak took Logan's response as a 'no,' though he was sure the Ex-Borg Leader would prefer not to introduce yet another variable. Barlow, however, desired them to maintain warp to increase distance between the Eternity and the Hope; an idea the Commander did not oppose, but questioned how long they could sustain warp before they were thrown into normal space and their trajectory could hardly be quickly remediated in Logan's calculations. Though if the Eternity was sufficiently damaged there might be time to stabilized their course enough for the adjustments. All that in his mind, it really would be best if they had a controlled re-entry to sub-light.

With their pursuer distracted, the ship made for its getaway. Hopefully the Borg weren't monitoring for any such traffic; they were incredibly knowledge on such matters given how many lifeforms the Collective once counted in its number.

Once Operations or Helm would report their passage blocked, but thankfully the ship not in any immediate danger of collision, Vreenak frowned at the screen. Six vessels. From what he saw on the console not pleasantly surprised by the Hope's arrival either. "Mister Logan, if you could resume this post?" the Commander both stated and asked of the man given his previous position at Tactical before the Away mission. They could deal with whether Logan held any place in the chain of command or was strictly a volunteer later.

<<Tag Logan>>

Freeing himself from what remain of their defensive and offensive systems, Vreenak came out from behind the console and down toward the center of the bridge. "Ship-to-ship communications?" The Executive Officer asked of the bridge waiting on someone's reply whether video and/or audio communication was possible with what appeared to be a blockade rather than a 'welcoming party.' It would be very unfortunate if anyone started shooting before 'diplomacy' spared them all the trouble. It would also do to know who it was they were dealing with, but again a duty station would be capable of zooming in and/or analyzing sensor data to locate the Syndicate markings. The image on the view screen of the ships made such markings practically difficult to make out. Still, who they'd find down here wouldn't be a surprise; confirmation would just help strike the right tone from the moment of first contact.

<<Tag Open Bridge>>
Sonja Kinnunen
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Gabe » Tue May 21, 2013 9:40 am

Gabriel "Matrix" Logan
Resistance Leader
U.S.S. Hope, Main Bridge

ON:
"Yes Commander," Logan stated with a slight nod, crossing the bridge from Ops to Tactical, relinquishing his former post to another officer. The Man in Black tapped at the commands before him, sensor sweeping the tactical pallets and scanning the vessels before them. "Database has verified that the ship's make and model as that of the Turei. Extreme modifications have been mounted to the defense and offensive capabilities of the vessel. The Turei are however vanguards of the Syndicate, one can assume that the ship's markings confirm this; no doubt they recognize the Intrepid for what it is..., or what it was."

Logan didn't have to compare muscles with that of the Hope, the Interpid was not in the best of states and surely mounting an offensive measure would be suicidal at this moment, but the Man in Black assumed Vreenak knew that already. "Our communications are a bit spotty Commander," Logan continued, "but we can transmit audio only with some clarity....,"

<<Tag Bridge>>
Gabriel Logan
YouTube Channel
FSF Gabe
FSF Host (**)

Postby FSF Sail » Wed May 22, 2013 8:52 am

Lieutenant Marisol Hocevar
Chief Engineer
USS Hope

"Status," she said upon entering the engineering bay. Washington was gone, as were Saffron and Nogawa.

Bailey turned at the sound of the chief's voice, his features written in concern. "Port nacelle sustained damage and is venting plasma," he reported. "The feeder valve didn't auto cycle, which makes us think it's damaged as well. Saffron's closing the primary manually. Comm array disruption; Nogawa's working on restoring."

"And Washington?"

"He's gone aft," Bailey reported, as his finger trailed over the MSD readings. Large portions of the ship's after sections were no longer registering; their sensory nets having been severed by the slice of Eternity's weapons. "Full BDA."

"Okay," the woman nodded. "Get your team online. Once we hear from Washington and Saffron, we'll have our priority." The sting to her left palm had ceased; obviously, her tiny allies were still present. Yet, the flourish of their engineering knowledge was silent. "The interface must be toast," Marisol thought as she regarded the MSD. Whether the microscopic army within her bloodstream had the capacity to repair it remained to be seen. In the meantime, she found herself, again, faced with a massive engineering crisis, and a handful of people to tend it. "Deja vu all over again," she muttered the timeless quote, before tapping her commbadge. "Hocevar to Washington...."

<Open Tag>
FSF Sail (Just Dan)

Postby Brett K Reese » Thu May 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Dr. Brett Reese
Chief Medical Officer
USS Hope

Sickbay:

Begin log: "It's been three days since treatment of Byrne began. So far I have discovered an elevated level of an unknown protein that appear to cause the death and reanimation of tissue, which would account for the zombies on the station that attacked him in the first place. I am going to try some techniques form Voyagers records that were used to remove the Borg technology from 7 of 9. If that doesn't work I'll have to invent my own. I'm determined not to loose my first patient as CMO of the Hope." End Log

Brett checks on Byrne who is still in a coma and treat the skin rash that as formed around several of the burns on his arms. The burns are starting to heal but constant Borg devices emerging and retracting has caused the rash to form.

"Lets see if you guys can shut down your friends," Brett said as she injects a large syringe of altered nano probes into the cleansed blood of the transfusion machine that steadily flows into Byrne's arm. After two minutes, his skin color returned to a more normal tone as the Borg gray faded. "That's progress," she said scanning his body with a tricorder. "Computer, activate the EMH."

"State the nature...."

" I need your assistance," Brett interrupted. " I need you to monitor the patient. In two hours give him another injection of nano probes," she said handing him a syringe of altered probes. "I have to get some food and some sleep. I should be back in 10 hours. Wake me if there are any problems."

"Yes doctor," the EMH said stifling annoyance at being used as a nurse.

With that Brett headed to the mess hall for some coffee and food.

<Tag Byrne and Anyone>
Leigh Rachal - LT Brett Reese, MD, CMO, USS Hope, Star Trek: Renaissance
Brett K Reese

Postby Sonja Kinnunen » Fri May 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Commander Talla Vreenak
Bridge

"Contact Engineering and see if visual communication can be restored," Vreenak replied, not finding their current condition conducive to a strong negotiation presence. "What is the status of the Turei shields and weapon systems?" Before he threw himself out there, however, the Commander would see if there was a pressing need to initiate communication immediately. If they could wait until visual was restored before contacting the vessels all the better. However, if combat was about to begin Vreenak would have no choice but to talk them down visual or not.

<<Tag Logan, Bridge>>

To avoid any misunderstanding of the Hope's intentions, he added, "Helm, station keeping with the Turei vessels and the station behind them."

<<Tag Anam>>

"Ops, monitor the area of the rift we used to enter this layer of subspace for any indication the Eternity is continuing its pursuit." Not that Logan was expecting it, Vreenak surmised, but the Romulan wasn't going to assume anything when it came to the Borg's abilities in this field. It should also give the Ensign something else to do other than scanning the Turei, who might not take kindly to any extra scrutiny.

<<Tag Nazir, Bridge>>

The Commander stepped over to his console and opened a channel to anyone that could hear it, or receive a text notification of similar content, "All Stations, damage and casualty reports." No doubt the crew noticed the lack of world-shaking assault by now. Good as time as any to make sure internal sensors and the computer had a full account of the combat damage, and again to keep people focused on their duty and not thinking about what was to come.
Sonja Kinnunen
Veteran Member

Postby Janice Lacey James » Sat May 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Lt(jg) Janelle James
Counselor
USS Hope

**Back Post- Prior to Amelia absconding with Janelle**

The direct communication from the Doctor felt like a touch of home. It had been so long since she'd been able to 'talk' normally in the Betazed mannor.

Janelle closed her eyes and concetrated on the patient, feeling his pain and attempting to soothe it as much as she could.

Janelle could hear the Doctor and the EMH arguing over the blood draw and felt a wave of pain and suffering from the man on the table. She was certain he could hear them too.

THe transfusion machine appeared and was hooked up. Janelle wasn't sure about it's use. What if it filtered out the wrong nanites. The Gen 6 would take over and the Gen 7 wouldn't be strong enough to fight and help him heal.

Brett wrote:***Is he still in there? I'm too stressed to sense anything.***

Janelle nodded ever so slightly, *** Yes, he's in there, but All I can sense is the agony he is in.***

Her hand hovered hear his head as she breathed slowly, whispering in her mind to the man being treated, "You are on the Hope. We will take care of you. I know it's painful, but let me help you." She leaned forward just a moment as she touched his mind and felt the agony that blocked any further connection. " Let me take your pain," She whispered, "Let the doctor heal you."

Brett wrote:***You may want to leave now counselor.***

Her connection was broken by Amelia's gasp. Janelle turned to look at the Science Officer, her face had gone pale at the sight of the man on the table.

Amelia wrote: "Janelle, I need your help, and all the Gen 7 nanites that are here in storage."

Janelle nodded as she sent a feeling of serenity to the man on the table. She turned to the small storage area and helped Mia load the last of the vials. Without a word they began to push the gravsled towards the turbo lift. "I hate to ask why we are doing this, but.. " Her thought were stopped as the Hope took another hit and power levels started to drop as evidenced by the flickering of the emergency lighting.

Amelia wrote:"Does he have any chance to survive?"

The question took Janelle by surprise. "It's going to be close, he was infected by Gen 6 nanites and the GEn 7's are battling them. And the burns over his entire body are not going to make recovery easy for him. Right now he is in great pain despite the sedatives and painkillers."

Janelle watched Amelia as the other woman answered with a slow nod. Janelle was beginning to realize that she was missing something. But before she could ask anything else Amelia had discovered the poer to the lifts were out and was bundling her towards a jefferies tube. The next thing she knew She was sitting on the grav sled protecting the vials as the Science officer guided them down into the inky blackness. The only light was the wrist light that Amelia had.

Amelia wrote: "Lay Down as low as possible," She said as her wrist light caught the doorway in it's beam.

Janelle did as Amelia suggested and lay as flat as possible. She felt the sudden push and soon she was scrambling off the sled, Amelia's groan of pain cause Janelle to wonder just how bad things were. Not that it mattered much. Eternity was upon them, and Janelle knew whatever they were doing, or going to do, was going to be a last ditch effort to escape. She helped push the sled into the cargo bay where Barlow and at least two other crewmen she couldn't identify in the dark.

She helped by keeping the grav sled within Amelia's grasp as the others worked at surprising speed to complete the 'package' on the move.

When it was all over and the device was on it's way she turned to Amelia, "Ok now lets get you back to sick bay, I know you are hurt, I can feel it every time you take a step."

<Tag Amelia, Barlow>
MSgt. Jamie Lynn Stathem, 2nd Support Detachment NCOIC; USS Cadecus
Lt Jg. Janice Lacey, Chief Science Officer (CSCI); USS Atlantis
Lt Janelle James, Counselor; USS Eternity-B (TDY USS Hope)
Lt Jg.(acting) Jamie Morrison,Intel; USS Independence
Lt. Meghan Amalia Steele, Eng Consultant, Shattered Universe
Janice Lacey James

Postby FSF Gabe » Tue May 28, 2013 11:38 am

Captain Rick Barlow
Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Hope

ON:
They weren't dead. That was a start. But now they were somewhere possibly more hostile, but, hopefully negotiable. Again and again Captain Rick Barlow was reminded of the starship's name; Hope, it was almost as if that was all they had nearly all the time.

LTJG James wrote:"Ok now lets get you back to sick bay, I know you are hurt, I can feel it every time you take a step."

They had fended off the beast, catered an escape, the adrenaline was wearing thin in Barlow's viens. but still he needed to move, his feet needed to shuffle, he needed to remain a Captain even though he wished so much to hold his fiancee. The strain, the pain breaking with the woman with child had been placed by the wayside for the greater good, for a ship in dire need of saving and without missing a beat Amelia had done so.

"Please...," Barlow whispered closing out the console before him, having established compression of the shuttle bay and docking compartments, releasing the automated lockdown of that deck. Eventually he stepped down and stood before Amelia and Janelle, addressing both, but mostly his dictation was pointed at the ship's counselor. "I can't follow, there's just too much...," he strained, even though every ounce of him wanted to go with the two women. He ran a hand through Amelia's hair, the sweet smell of her grace and lavender taking in briefly before he could see the twinge of pain in her eyes. "I'll be with you two shortly..., I promise."

<<Tag James, Moore>>

He gathered up his tools, helping the three other Engineers to break down their packs and mount up for the trek to Main Engineering, the closest facility right now reachable without turbo lifts. As they rushed through the corridors, bending and twisting with the sudden abruptness of repair crews and passing officers giving the Captain a piece of what was happening again Barlow wished to shuffle off the responsibilities of Captain, jump in with both hands into a problem that was more his speed. Still, with each report, with each notion and sweat dripping brows that would affront him; "Carry On," was all he could say, tapping an Engineer's shoulder there and then in a motion of confidence and understanding.

Eventuality held the Captain and the others to join the chaos of Main Engineering, among the thrones of others held bent to evaluate and repair all matters appointed priority so hastily in the organized chaos that some who saw him in regard didn't even recognize his presene with the standard practice of calling a "Captain on Deck."

"Marisol," Red finally breathed as he spotted the tiny woman in a crowd of Engineers, "Turbo Lifts are offline, crews are scattered to the wind. Whats the status on our warp and shields....,"

<<Tag Hocevar>>
Gabriel Logan
YouTube Channel
FSF Gabe
FSF Host (**)

Postby FSF Gabe » Tue May 28, 2013 11:55 am

Gabriel "Matrix" Logan
Tactical
Main Bridge, U.S.S. Hope

ON:
"Understood Commander," the Man in Black stated as he followed the First Officer's orders, his fingers taking bead on the tactical's scanning software to give a readout on the Turei ships' weapons. "Their shields are online and their weapon systems have targeted us, scans indicate they mean to destroy. However, I gather that they hesitate because of Hope's former Syndicate affiliation and are waiting for their leader's further direction. I hypothesize we have very little time to cater a proper negotiation tactic beyond merely audio transmission. I have however informed Engineering to make visual communication priority."

<<Tag Vreenak, Engineering>>
Gabriel Logan
YouTube Channel
FSF Gabe
FSF Host (**)

Postby FSF Gabe » Tue May 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Story Note
The blockade between Hope and the floating city is joined by two other vessels, one of which holds in the aft of the fleet, though its size and presence indicating that it is the greater of the fleet both in strength index and defense. It holds behind in station to the others that move in closer to Hope, weapons flaring into ready ignition, standing a lonely vigil like a stilled knife in the Underspace, dark red hull glinting in streams of concentrated energy.

A communication is broadcasted, though, due to Hope's damage, the visual portion of the feed is cut and garbled in streams of static, however, the audio; though spotty at times, is clear at most as it heralds a voice quite and resolved, as if he was not speaking to one crew member directly, but to the entirety that listened..

"So the lost Hope ventures to find salvation within my fold, like so many others who value their lives; another parasite asking for help without so much as a return or a yield of profit. Tell me U.S.S. Hope of a Starfleet that does not matter, of an organization that might as well be dead, what benefit is there to not destroy you?"

<<Open Tag>>
Gabriel Logan
YouTube Channel
FSF Gabe
FSF Host (**)

Postby FSF Gabe » Tue May 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Gabriel "Matrix" Logan
Tactical
Main Bridge, U.S.S. Hope

ON:
Logan had seen this ship before, even before he initiated the tactical scans upon the vessel, the Crimson Knife, as it was so aptly called was nothing more than bits of composed metal fabricated in relation to one another in the capacity made to war. Every component was salvage and most of it's weapon systems were of Borg origin to be sure, but more importantly, it was of Resistance Technology, constructed in the ship yards that once held a goal to confront Sion "Xatrix" Logan in the only viable way sought fit; to battle. To the Resistance, it was the Vanguard of their offensive, a great knife cutting through the line of Sion and the Collective. Now, as the Man in Black looked upon it, he was left with a memory of something he wanted so hard to do one thing with...,

..., to forget.

His influence, his presence had sparked the Resistance, his appearance had spawned his brother and to that launched a war between them that he had, at one time, hoped he could combat; following a function that was, often times, merely reflex. To charge in and face his problems head on, but when so many of the Resistance died, so much lost in an effort sought so futile, Gabriel "Matrix" Logan no longer held the fight within him; lost the reason to pick up his blade. Others however wanted to continue the fight, a somewhat civil war erupting all be it briefly between the two factions that split the Resistance. Two sects, one found Churn, picking up the pieces, existing and defending while the other ventured on their own, a leader chosen among them, to carry on separately with their own goals in mind.

It had been nearly 20 years since Logan beheld the Crimson Knife, heard the familiar voice of another that used to be the second of the flock. Now, the tone was twisted, the reasoning banished from the ideals once taught.

A mistake now knocking at his door.

"I'm entering what information I have on their lead ship Commander," Logan stated, his fingers flying while his positronic mind worked on composing the data into thought, "the ship has exploitable weakness, though it has been some time since last I saw it, it still seems to be the same vessel the Resistance built 20 years ago. We are no match with it in open conflict in our current state; I recommend negotiating with them. If need be I offer myself as barter for the benefit of your crew's safety."
Gabriel Logan
YouTube Channel
FSF Gabe
FSF Host (**)

Postby Sonja Kinnunen » Tue May 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Commander Talla Vreenak
Bridge

Vreenak listened to the report Logan gave regarding those between Hope and even a mere temporary reprieve. What scattered sheep these people were, the Romulan thought privately. Shields up. Weapons charged and locked. And they held back? Over confidence. They were waiting for their leader to drift onto the scene to claim the glory. Arrogant. Never play with your victims, you only gave them time for their leaders to escape or for one more offensive push that would claim more troops under your command. Wasteful.

After the message came through he paused but for a moment, his head turned enough to look back at Logan to see if there was news. Visual or not, silence would get them killed. A boastful man like the one on that large vessel did not appreciate being ignored. People like that compensated for fragile egos. The Romulan Empire? They didn't compensate, they terrorized. No one took a Warbird lightly and for good reason. "Open a channel."

<<Tag Logan>>

Slowly the Commander settled into the command chair, keeping a console with Logan's details visible in case it became necessary to utilize that intelligence. Exploitable weaknesses. Not for combat. Infiltration. Negotiation. Firing on the ship would be suicide even if they destroyed it in a single volley. "I am Commander Vreenak of the Romulan Star Empire in command of this vessel. Destroy us, or let us be destroyed, and what little hope remaining for your continued survival will die with us. No matter how deep you descend in subspace, whatever star system you hide in, however fast you run the Borg will find you and they will destroy you."

Vreenak paused for just a moment. "I propose we work together for our mutual survival. The information we have regarding the Borg will prove invaluable toward that end. We should discuss this further, in person."

<<Tag Crimson Knife>>
Sonja Kinnunen
Veteran Member

Postby Brett K Reese » Wed May 29, 2013 2:50 am

Brett Reese
CMO, USS Hope

Time line: Two days after my last post

Brett took Byrne's vitals before trying a new procedure.

"Time to see how well these gen 7 ninites work. Still not sure what this virus is but hopefully these guys will eliminate it so I can repair the damage," she said as she prepared to drain his contaminated blood while replacing it with fresh blood containing the gen 7 nanites. " Computer activate EMH."

The EMH appeared in the sterile room across from Brett.

"I'm ready for the transfusion," she told the EMH as he appeared. Thankfully she had turned of the annoying greeting in his program. "I need you to monitor his vitals while I monitor the transfusion and the new nanites."

"Have you found a cure for the virus?" the EMH asked.

"No but I have programed the nanites to destroy it and the gen 6 nanites in his system. If this works we will let him rest and tomorrow start regeneration treatments on his burns and I will work with the contaminated blood to create a cure or treatment for the virus."

"That would be a major achievement," the EMH replied/

"Let's get started," Brett replied but paused, "Do you have a name?"

"No I never needed one," the program replied.

"It's easier for me to have a name. You look like a Joe to me. I'm going to call you Joe," Brett said returning to the transfusion. "Joe, I need you to keep him stable," Brett said handing the bewildered EMH a tricorder and hypo.

<Tag Sail - What's going on in your head during all this?>
Leigh Rachal - LT Brett Reese, MD, CMO, USS Hope, Star Trek: Renaissance
Brett K Reese

Postby FSF Gabe » Wed May 29, 2013 9:39 am

Story Note

He sneered, the smirk lining his face revealing a single white canine.

"Blah Blah Blah. Death, the Borg, trivial threats that faultier meaninglessly, though I find it interesting that a Romulan Commander from a dead quadrant got a hold of my property. I also find it interesting that you would think you held information on the Collective that I don't also possess. My influence does travel far Commander..,"

Silence toyed the air, like a cat playing with a mouse.

"No..., I think I'll just destroy you. Harvest the bit of scrap left in the wake and find out if you're telling the truth or not."
Gabriel Logan
YouTube Channel
FSF Gabe
FSF Host (**)

Postby aufarooqui » Wed May 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Ensign Anam Farooqi
Helm Officer, USS Eternity

Vanishment. Occultation, the goal of many mystics millenia before them, on par with the alchemist's fabled ability to turn base metals like copper into gold, had been achieved, although no angels would be trumpeting their Ascension or other divine applause herald their disappearance.

Anam imagined the frustration of the Borg King, who had moments before nearly killed them, and almost checked them off his bucket list. Sion Xatrix's onslaught would have continued with billions more dead, and their deaths would have been a mere statistic, unrecorded by history.

Departing from regular space-time, their first sight was a floating city -- a near-impossibility in the dimension from which they just came, but most welcome considering Anam thought it would be a long time before he would see a bubble of civilization again. Commerce, politics, transport, community -- all around the hub of a busy city, rich in diversity.

Cmdr. Vreenak wrote:Helm, station keeping with the Turei vessels and the station behind them.

The convoy of ships that encircled them brought another function of humanoid cities -- the possibility of exploiting the traveller, or armed robbery by organized crime. These hooligans also had appointed themselves as representatives of the state, which meant they claimed the power to administer capital punishment, another unique threat from high-rise settlements.

Logan wrote:I'm entering what information I have on their lead ship Commander. The ship has exploitable weakness, though it has been some time since last I saw it ... We are no match with it in open conflict in our current state; I recommend negotiating with them. If need be I offer myself as barter for the benefit of your crew's safety.

When Logan offered his person, Anam thought it was a very bad idea to offer their most valuable crew member, the one who had weaseled and punched the way to their survival many times now. He kept silent, as he assumed the offer would not be considered for any officer in good standing.

He disliked the face of the commander of the lead ship, the one threatening them on screen. He kept ready at the Helm console, hoping silently that Vreenak would order him to plow the ship straight ahead, so that he could watch the man's face contort in surprise at the news of his imminent demise.

Anam intensely disliked anyone who would use their fortuitious position of power to victimize others. This trader, Crimson Knife commander sounded ready to pawn their ship and sell their individual hides. It would be a service to all sentient beings in the galaxy to end this man's rule, but considering their prior enmity to the Borg King, this man and this place held the best hope for their salvation.

Cmdr. Vreenak wrote:I am Commander Vreenak of the Romulan Star Empire in command of this vessel. Destroy us, or let us be destroyed, and what little hope remaining for your continued survival will die with us...

Anam very much appreciated Vreenak's imaginitive course of action; delaying their demise, at this point, took priority over everything. In his mind, certainly, the Romulan Star Empire evoked more fear than the relatively isolated Starleet. Being closer to the Delta Quadrant, there was probably an unwritten history of Romulan conflicts and interactions with this part of the galaxy. There are even reports that the Borg had ignited the Balance of Terror incident that caused the Romulans to cross the Neutral Zone and confront Captain Kirk about the destruction of their colonies. (It was also doubtful if the recent news of the Empire's weakening at the hands of the Followers of Nero, had reached these outlaw areas of the quadrant.)

Cmdr. Vreek wrote: I propose we work together for our mutual survival.

Anam appreciated the last-ditched attempt at diplomacy, considering that they were in a Kobayashi Maru no-win scenario, except it wasn't a holographic simulation at Starfleet Academy. He only hoped Logan would isolate the tactical weaknesses of the lead ship, and that would scare the rest of them off like a pack of jackals.
aufarooqui

Postby Sonja Kinnunen » Thu May 30, 2013 1:06 am

Commander Talla Vreenak
Bridge

Sometimes Vreenak did not enjoy being correct. The Syndicate leader was as arrogant as he'd expected. Salvage the information from the wreckage... even a Romulan Commander didn't blow up a ship carrying information. Disabled it, boarded it, and secured it. Not blow it up. What information did the man think his vaulted technology and sources of the Delta Quadrant -- some run down section of the galaxy only wishing it held the dominance and power of those in the Alpha Quadrant -- could retrieve after Hope was destroyed? Or what influence did the man's over inflated ego still think he possessed in the wake of a planet-killing Borg vessel? The man was more Klingon than Romulan with his foolish notion he'd take his chances.

The Commander frowned at the view screen, not that the Syndicate's 'negotiator' could see it. "Our knowledge of the Borg's latest weapon, and primary knowledge of the technology and design of your own vessel, combined with your resources would turn control of this region to you. Your influence would be even greater if you spared this vessel and its crew." Vreenak paused for just a second as he tapped on the display of information Logan had assembled. "You do not need to take my word for it. I offer you a gift," Vreenak gestured with his hand for Logan to send over their 'diplomatic package.' No, an all out fight wouldn't save them and blowing up the ship would be a waste; but stinging the beast should get their attention. He trusted Logan to be surgical in his effect on the ship. That ship could prove quite useful in the near future in the right hands.

<<Tag Crimson Knife>>
Sonja Kinnunen
Veteran Member

Postby aufarooqui » Fri May 31, 2013 12:57 am

Ensign Anam Farooqi
Helm, USS Hope

In the middle of the icy exchange between the Crimson Knife commander and Vreenak, (you wouldn't even know from his tone that he was pleading for their lives), the young ensign pulled up a text box to forward the XO some information he had read somewhere in the files, probably in the treasure trove of data Logan had brought aboard.

Ens. Farooqi wrote: ATTN: Commander Vreenak
I recall reading in the ship's files that the Red King and the Syndicate have for many years now been looking for the secret base of the Borg Resistance, the planet we stumbled upon as Churn. While we were witness to its destruction, there is a possibility that the residents of the Underspace do know yet know this, and we can barter the location of this legend.

It was likely Vreenak already knew this bit of intelligence, but Anam could be silently proud if the XO lied through his teeth with enough gusto and bravado to get them through. Churn was a supernatural fortress, and still able to strike from beyond the grave; this half-baked plan was running on the assumption that the myth still had value to the people of this place.

They could swear a fountain of youth was there, and he presumed it would not sound outlandish, since Logan’s Resistance was the only force able to stop the Borg onslaught until now.
aufarooqui

Postby FSF Gabe » Fri May 31, 2013 9:08 am

Story Note
A deep whine echoes throughout the corridors and power relays of the mighty Crimson Knife, the outside pockets of lights and power flutter before growing cold and dark. Engines are taken offline, weapons, and even the ship's modulated shield generators falter as the vessel listlessly begins to veer off its hold within the Syndicate blockade.

To this, the Commander of the Knife's eyes grow wide, his hands smacking against the arms of his chair as if the floor underneath him had suddenly been ripped away, the blanket of stars and the infinity of space revealing in shocking brillance. He barks questions, "What the hell is happening!?" and, "Why are we losing power!?"

Voices of chaos sound off, unknowing the cause of the Knife's sudden power failure. Engineering pipes in, blanketing the cause to a ECM wave transmitted by the Hope's defensive software packets, an exact prefixed code that kicked off the power transfer between the ship's core and the relays.

To this the Commander of the Crimson Knife knew that only a handful of people would have access to the codes of his ship; all of which were aboard the ship save for one individual...,

"Logan...," another garbled whisper as the power failures begins to hit the Crimson Knife's communication array, eventually dying out all together.

The Syndicate blockade begins to backdown as the collection of Turei ship's motion into defense of their flagship. Without orders to fire, their communications cut from their leader, and the unknown circumstances, hesitation to destroy Hope becomes evident in their actions as they move to render aid to their leader's ship.
Gabriel Logan
YouTube Channel
FSF Gabe
FSF Host (**)

Postby FSF Gabe » Fri May 31, 2013 9:34 am

Gabriel "Matrix" Logan
Tactical
Main Bridge, U.S.S. Hope

ON:
Logan maintained weapons lock on the Crimson Knife even beyond their sudden loss of power.

Crimson Knife's Transmission wrote:"Logan...,"

It was the last audible word breathed before the power failure hit the ship's communications array. They would find the override, eventually, knowing now that Hope possessed the Resistance's Leader and all the data his positronic brain carried, they would begin to change their prefix codes on all their systems; however there were more exploits than just codes.

"They will recover Commander; though, at under half strength," the Man in Black dictated as he tapped a few commands here and there, maintaining scanning and target on the Knife and its escorts, "however I believe, in light of our recent exchange, they will be more open to your proposal of cooperation."

<<Tag Vreenak>>
Gabriel Logan
YouTube Channel
FSF Gabe
FSF Host (**)

Next

Return to In-Character Roleplay