S02Ep02 Holly 7

Where the crew of the Star Trek: Entity sim come to post their in-character posts.

S02Ep02 Holly 7

Postby The Writer » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Season 2
The Legacy, a computer program that caters the ability to predict the future has prophesied the end for humanity. The Council, an unseen unheard backbone of the Federation, who has used the Legacy to stay two steps ahead of the prophecy, turn from preparing the Federation for the end, to combating it as new variable is introduced into the Legacy's quantum equation, "The Prophet." With this, the Council moves to building a new ship, the most technological advanced starship ever created, and with that forging a new crew, the best and brightest that the Federation has. The ship will be known as the Eternity, and her crew will be the last best hope for saving humanity.

But are The Council's acts going against the Legacy, circumventing its dire prophecy, or, are they just another stepping stone to mankind's unescapable fate?

Episode 2 "Holly 7"
Leaving behind their Starfleet past, the crew of the Eternity find a brief moment for a shakedown cruise before venturing to the Holly System on the edge of the Gamma Quadrant.
~Gabriel "The Writer" Logan
The Writer
Post Guru

Prologue

Postby The Writer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:12 am

Prologue
"Chaos to Order"
By Gabriel "The Writer" Logan

Admiral Katherine Janeway collapses as nanomachines invade her body, assimilating, ripping away her humanity without the briefest of thought. Mindless, the drones pursue, tearing into her blood cells like rabid dogs. All through this, the Borg Queen stands in triumph, the precepts of victory moments from reach. Voyager would not make it home, her Collective would see to that.

Then, suddenly, the Queen staggers as screams fill her consciousness, the Collective's voices dying down, cutting out. Defiant, the Borg Queen takes to her feet but is rocked again by the screams of her children being lost. The third screech of the tormented send sparks and fires to roar throughout the chamber and as the Queen stares down at Admiral Janeway, the old woman looks up and smiles, the assimilation process already taking hold, dark sploches of lost humanity riddling her face.

"Must be something you assimilated….,"

A set up, the whole maneuver of capture, of recourse, and of false victory all calculated. The Borg Queen again feels the pain and falls to a kneel, climbing up using edge of a regeneration alcove. "You infected us…, with a neurolytic pathogen?" The Queen understood it now, the woman had it in her blood stream and now, she was loosing control, her thoughts now become one of a single mind.

Weakly, Admiral Janeway responds. "Just enough to bring chaos to order….,"

Through the holographic viewer, the image wavering as the pathogen virus continues to consume, the Queen sees Voyager racing away from the cataclysm of the fallen transwarp hub, the wave of green fire moving rapidly towards their aft. She turns to Janeway, her voice carrying finality as she places doubt. Voyager will not survive. Your efforts were futile.

"It's you who underestimated us," Janeway sneers as she pulls herself to her feet, the pointed victory directing as she stands face to face with the Borg Queen. Another spasm, a spark, and then, a foreign, a feeling. Pain. The Queen looks in the direction of its source, finding that sparks sliver from her arm. Angry, she rips it from her body, tossing it to the floor.

She did not fear death, she was forever. She feared being alone. How far did the pathogen spread, the Queen could not gather. She tried to span out, wading through the degrees of pain she was feeling from the Collective, the screams of her dying children. It was within this search that she felt one of the spheres of the Collective's armada, ordering it to destroy Voyager, to stop at nothing. She felt it detour from the conduit, moving to intercept. The Intrepid fires, and the Queen smiles, the Borg already assimilating the armor technology, the torpedo's detonation nothing to the onslaught of the coming Borg sphere.

Her leg faltures at the cusp of her last touch of the sphere's consciousness. Falling to the floor, the Queen begins to feel the weakness coming to her, the death, another feeling not foreign to her. Her eyes flutter to stay open as she see's Admiral Janeway cross over to look down upon her. "Janeway will die…, then this will never happen, you will never exist and everything that you have done will be undone."

The Borg Queen felt the loss, could not feel the others of the Collective, the notion of her consciousness being void coming to bare as soon her vision spasmed. Her last thought:

"I am forever….,"

Time became meaningless. In the void, the Queen could feel nothing of her physical self nor have any notions toward time and space; it all seized to register with her for two years after the forced destruction of the Unicomplex in an effort to stop the pathogen from spreading.

Years in raw consciousness, alone, darkness being her reality until she began to hear them. A small hundred of her children, lost in their own realities before clinging to her like ships to a lighthouse. Eventually, as these voices came closer, she found herself waking.

The Nexus, the heart of the Borg, what had become the center of all consciousness of the Collective was now the bastion of its continued existence. It is where the Borg Queen's consciousness was held, and it is the sun source of all her children.

Mechanical flanges, moving with a electronic hum moved up into her view. It was her own hand, stripped of organic, now, much like bone and skeleton. She knew the neurolytic pathogen had changed the Collective forever, this was made evident as she looked at her flock.

Her arms were spread as her body was lowered from a series of tendrils and pipes, the dark green illumination of the room accentuating the paleness of her skin around her torso, arms and face. The rest was mechanical, appendages that were of skeletal formation as if part of her deformation was lost so that humanity was no longer the accent, but a supplement to the Borg's newest means of assimilation.

This new look was shared across by her flock. No longer pale skin of dominated demeanors, but of unrelenting amalgamations of flesh and mechanical bones.

The metallic click of her feet hitting the floor echoed as she took her first steps towards the new Collective; ready for the rebirth.
The Writer
Post Guru

Re: S02Ep02 Holly 7

Postby The Writer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 am

Player Note
Episode 2 "Holly 7" is a direct continuation from the previous Episode, all action associated with responds to previous tags made in Episode 1, should now be posted in Episode 2.
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby The Writer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:25 am

Captain James Maxwell
Commanding Officer, Eternity

OFF:
Kick off of Episode 2 :D

ON:
Major Harmon wrote:“Understood, Sir.” He responded, pushing the curiosity from his mind for the moment. He hadn’t met the secondary Marine compliment, or even knew he’d be having one. “I’ll get on it right away.” He lapsed back into silence, his mind so full of questions; he decided it was far better to not ask any until he’d had a chance to sort them out first. “If there is nothing else, Sir, I’d like to get to it, and take stock before the conference.”

Captain James Maxwell was about to reply when another officer entered without notice or door chime. In the span of briefness, Jim recognized the man.

LTCMDR Sorveck wrote:"I should have known that a Prophet would be a dead man."

Silence seemed to plague the room as Sorveck's presence drew into the forefront of the Ready Room.

"Thank you Major," Jim started, "there is nothing else. I'll see you in four hours."

<<tag Harmon>>

Jim watched as the Major and his XO left his Ready Room, leaving Sorveck to fend question towards the Commanding Officer directly.

"Dead might be an exaggeration Mr. Sorveck…," Jim pressed, remaining at his seat.

<<tag Sorveck>>
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby The Writer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 am

LTCMDR Rick Barlow
Cerberus Project's Chief Engineer

ON:
LT Moore wrote:"I think I should go prepare myself," She said leaning over to give Red a kiss on the cheek, "Thanks for being my friend,Rick, I mean that."

Lieutenant Rick Barlow was taken aback by the kiss on the cheek, a momentarily lapse of thought pass before he stammered, saying: "Thanks for putting up with me."

<<tag Moore>>

He shared a smile before Mia took her leave. He took pause to finishing up his drink and sliding both glasses and open bottle onto the display case behind the bar. "Guess grabbing a few winks is not in the cards," he muttered before getting out from behind the bar and making his way to Main Engineering. As he walked through the halls, taking the turbo life to Deck 6, he noted the activity on the ship rising, the corridors no longer ventured by a sparse number of engineers and scientist from the Cerberus Project; catering to getting last minute details done before the ship disembarked. Now, it seemed that officers of all department were traversing the innards of his ship, moving throughout with a purpose that was now amped up by the Senior Staff meeting coming in less than four hours time.

He took time to get on the horn with starbase control. "Hey Mallory," he stated hearing the familiar voice of the irish dutch behind the line, "you got that designation set for my ship?"

"Aye Red," the Control Officer expressed, a twinge of irish bleeding in his voice, "sent a worker shuttle down. She should be on your end soon enough to get the paint on the boat."

"Excellent," Red smirked, "hate for the ship to cast off without a name."

"Aye," Mallory began his voice hinting on mention of another aspect to include on the conversation. "Also got a package up here for you. Someone wanted to send you lads off the correct and proper way."

To this Barlow's face contorted into a quagmire. Who would know of the ship, its date send off...., surely not anyone from Starfleet. "Have it shipped to my quarters on 354, I'll check it before we get underway for the shakedown. You guys pick a sight to let us out."

"Aye," Mallory answered, "nice and quiet like."

"Mallory," Red began as the turbo lift doors opened to Deck 6, "seems I owe you and your crew a round of drinks."

"Nothin Romulan Lad," Mallory chuckled, "I'm tired of choking that back."

The com closed and Barlow stepped out, rounding corner after corner before coming to the double doors of Main Engineering, entering swiftly. "Vreenak," he called, spotting the Romulan, "you got anything down here. We cut the cord so to speak, wondering if you had any anomalies now that you guys are under your own power? Wanted to nip it in the bud before the Senior Staff meeting."

<<tag Vreenak>>
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby sail3695 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Commander Colin Byrne
First Officer, Eternity

"Jolan tru," Colin said, offering the traditional greeting to the Romulan Chief Engineer. Lieutenant Vreenak had turned to face him, eyes masking all expression as his mouth opened to reply, before both their attentions were diverted to a voice which echoed through the quiet engineering chamber. Colin knew it instantly, memories of two years ago still fresh upon his mind. "Red" Barlow had arrived.

LtCDR Barlow wrote: "Vreenak," he called, spotting the Romulan, "you got anything down here. We cut the cord so to speak, wondering if you had any anomalies now that you guys are under your own power? Wanted to nip it in the bud before the Senior Staff meeting."

Byrne turned in his place, fixing the man with an easy smile as he offered his hand. "Mister Barlow, it's good to see you again. By the look of her, you've built us a fine ship."

<Tag Barlow, Vreenak>
Dan "sail3695"
sail3695
Veteran Member

Postby The Writer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:21 pm

LTCMDR Rick Barlow
Cerberus Project's Chief Engineering Officer

ON:
CMDR Byrne wrote:"Mister Barlow, it's good to see you again. By the look of her, you've built us a fine ship."

"Col..., er..., Commander," Red twitched at the surprise, sighting the man he had not seen in two years. "Holy hell, I knew you were going to be onboard sir, but it is damn good to see you." He shook the Commander's hand. "And it wasn't all me sir, a lot of men and women were behind the project. Any success the ship gains is in entirely credited to their work on the project."

He nodded to Vreenak. "She'll be in good hands sir."

<<tag Byrne, Vreenak>>
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby sail3695 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Commander Colin Byrne
First Officer, Eternity

The sudden warmth of Barlow's greeting landed pleasantly as the two men shook hands. "I don't doubt there are many to thank," Colin smiled in response, "but I'm also certain that you're at the head of the line. I'm rather excited to see her in action."

LtCDR Barlow wrote: "She'll be in good hands sir."

Both men cast a glance toward the silent Lt. Vreenak. "I'm quite certain of it," Byrne nodded.

<Tag Barlow, Vreenak>
Dan "sail3695"
sail3695
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Lt Amelia 'Mia' Moore
Chief of Science
USS Eternity

Lieutenant Rick Barlow was taken aback by the kiss on the cheek, a momentarily lapse of thought pass before he stammered, saying: "Thanks for putting up with me."

Amelia chuckled softly, "Yes, Like that was such a hardship for me." She patted his shoulder and smiled, "Thanks for taking time to see me and letting me gripe to you once again. Now, I really need to get going. I am sure our resurrected Captain or his First Officer will want a full report." She walked out of the Back Nine, vowing never to down Romulan Ale that fast again. It did funny things to her equilibrium. And she was going to need her wits about her when she went to that meeting in less than 4 hours.

She took the lift to the sciences area and moved slowly towards the office that would be hers. It seemed strange to be the one chosen to take this position. But her other choices were just not acceptable, And she was certain Sorveck, and his precious Council knew that.

Moving around the desk she sat down and brought up the holographic interface. She'd become quite used to it in 2 years and it no longer seemed strange to use it. Her fingers moves swiftly over the controls to the report she was working on. A complete and detailed accounting of the scientific advances and incorporated technologies from both the Romulans and the Nanites. Explanations as to how they controlled the nanites from the "protect at all costs" programming.

She rubbed her palms against her the black pants of her standard Starfleet issue uniform, and then tucked a hair behind an ear as she began to pull out the highlights for the report.

And if she stayed hidden in the CSCI office, she was far less likely to 'run' into a couple of people she'd rather not see just yet.
<open Tag>
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Sonja Kinnunen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Lieutenant Talla Vreenak
Chief Engineering Officer
U.S.S. Eternity, Main Engineering

Vreenak regarded the two men as they greeted one another. He'd been prepared to respond in some fashion that even he didn't know. The Commander's greeting, while not a Romulan tongue, had for the briefest of moments conjured thoughts of a lost home. A lost people. Romulus hadn't been invaded, the government hadn't been merely removed from its seat of power--the throne itself, the entire planet, was simply gone. Holographic recreation wasn't enough for Vreenak; a convenient lie designed to fool men able to forget for a time.

Red's interruption had, at least, broken the moment before the Lieutenant could have uttered a response. Convenient, if somewhat of a growing crowd during an otherwise exhaustive time. Interesting how it happened to be two people that could be of some aide, however; the intrusion could have been by far less knowledgeable personnel.

"Commander," a nod to Barlow, then to Byrne, "Commander. Engineering is standing by for launch. Crews are continuing thorough analysis and diagnostics of all systems. Some minor systems were affected, but corrections have been made. Furthermore, simulations regarding performance out of dock directed us to make changes to the lateral sensor array." Nothing major and certainly nothing he'd been ready to report ahead of the meeting, but since they were both here it seemed appropriate. "Commander Barlow, you may be pleased to know the transwarp drive and nano-weave appear unaffected. Reports indicate that everything will operate nominally while in flight as it did during the test run." As the lead on this project, Vreenak suspected Red might be "thrilled" to hear such important systems remain stable. Despite Vreenak's calm demeanor, a certain swell of satisfaction at a successful project was something he could sympathize with, unlike Vulcans.

Seeing them there, Vreenak reluctantly tried putting his skills to use regarding Humans, "If either of you are interested in contributing I am sure the repair crews would appreciate your expertise. Currently there are teams investigating anti-matter storage, power conduits, explosive ordinance, launch systems, and shuttle craft." Perhaps not areas quite as grand as, say, the transwarp core, but even the less glamorous systems required attention. It could have been worse. Vreenak hadn't offered them all the waste reclamation, sonic shower, or food replicator tasks.

<Tag Byrne, Barlow>
Sonja Kinnunen
Veteran Member

Postby The Writer » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:56 pm

LTCMDR Rick Barlow
Cerberus Project's Chief Engineer

ON:
LT Vreenak wrote:"Commander Barlow, you may be pleased to know the transwarp drive and nano-weave appear unaffected. Reports indicate that everything will operate nominally while in flight as it did during the test run."

"I am looking forward to seeing how she flies on the full scale," Lieutenant Commander Barlow responded, his expression fitted with a responsive smile. "I'll stick around for the maiden voyage, continue to be at ear shout's distance in case something bad happens. Not everyone from my team will be here, just me and a hand full."

LT Vreenak wrote:"If either of you are interested in contributing I am sure the repair crews would appreciate your expertise. Currently there are teams investigating anti-matter storage, power conduits, explosive ordinance, launch systems, and shuttle craft."

Again, Barlow smiled. "You just tell my boys where to be Vreenak and they'll be there with bells on. Keep in mind however that the Skipper is expecting us in the briefing room in under four hours. I don't rightly know if that includes me or not, but I'm going to be there regardless to give my report to the panel."

Barlow made a motion to his holographic PADD, tapping the device open, the blue illumination field display spiking out a few centimeters from the PADD. "Been trying to keep track of the comings and goings here on the ship. Lots of chaos, but it should die down within the next two to three hours. Shuttle crafts are already onboard, strapped into their beds that includes Scott's Trent Class Runabout, beauty of a boat Commander" He tapped a few commands down to the teams working in the storage bays. "Still a lot of cargo to move in though. Major Harmon has a lot of stuff, a lot more than his team needs if you asked me." The Chief shook his head, "don't know if he's expecting us to go into another Ildius 3 or Vault, but the man's prepared, I'll give him that." Red looked back up at Vreenak and then Byrne. "I'll allocate some of my guys in those areas Lieutenant, see if we can't shore up the effort."

He closed out the PADD and shuffled it back into his coat's pocket. "I'll see to it personally before the meeting."

<<Tag Vreenak>>

"Commander," he poised to Colin, "you need anything from me," he smiled, "other than reports around the clock….,"

<<Tag Byrne>>
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby sail3695 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Commander Colin Byrne
First Officer, Eternity

LtCDR Barlow wrote:"Commander," he poised to Colin, "you need anything from me," he smiled, "other than reports around the clock….,"

"That, and my favorite coffee roasts programmed into the replicator," Colin chuckled. "I'm glad to know that you're coming along for the shakedown cruise. There's much I have to learn about this ship and her design. I'd like very much to set up time to discuss her attributes with yourself, Lt. Vreenak.......... and Lt. Moore." He silently cursed himself for the pause, the force of will it took to give voice to her name. From what he knew, Barlow had worked quite closely with Amelia these past two years. Rick was an agreeable sort, the type of person one might like to have a drink with, share conversation. ""Perhaps," Colin thought, "he already knew of her decision." If Amelia had felt compelled to speak of the things weighing upon her heart or conscience, it seemed only logical that she might offer such confidence to her design partner.

<Tag Barlow>

Turning his gaze toward Vreenak, the First Officer continued. "Mr. Vreenak, I'm prepared to offer personnel and equipment from other departments to assist you. Once the LTCDR has supplied you with his staff, please let me know of any shortages you may still have. I'll make certain that you're amply supported."

<Tag Vreenak>
Dan "sail3695"
sail3695
Veteran Member

Postby Sonja Kinnunen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:05 pm

Lieutenant Talla Vreenak

"I am sure the crew will welcome your presence, Commander," Vreenak replied smoothly to Red stating he would remain aboard. This was his ship design. It made sense the man might like to see it in action outside of a simulation. The Lieutenant did not feel threatened by his continued presence; Barlow had not tried assuming command of his personnel nor dictating how things should be run. If anything Vreenak was the outsider in this arrangement and the man had been surprisingly accepting or tolerant on the matter; and of Romulans in general it seemed. Strange. After what had happened Vreenak had come aboard this starbase ready for a less than amicable reception. Red had already addressed this, in part, earlier; still his continued demeanor was tolerable if not "pleasant." In a way it was a shame he wouldn't stay on board longer. Red was something Vreenak felt he could talk to; the rest of the crew was yet to be seen.

There was no reaction at Red's metaphoric use of "bells" being on his people, but Vreenak found this expression curious. What was it meant to convey? Were bells important?

"The Major is only preparing for every practical contingency, as is this Engineering department. The scope of this vessel's mission leaves us vulnerable to more than what a ship might find in uncharted territory." Save the galaxy. From what? Where? Caused by who or in what way? How? There were basic questions Vreenak had yet to hear suitable answers for. Considering how their extrapolation of data from this mysterious program changed, the Lieutenant wasn't too surprised there weren't answers publicly available for consumption either. "I am sure they will appreciate the assistance in the cargo areas."

<Tag Barlow>

After a jovial reply to Red by Byrne, the Executive Officer turned back to his Romulan Chief Engineer with an offer of his own. "Most kind, Commander. The ship will be ready ahead of schedule. The other departments would be best served by retaining their personnel in preparation for launch." Frankly, he'd extended the invitation merely as a... gesture of good will, as the Humans put it. An offer of allowing them to "get their hands dirty." Neither seemed particular interested, however, which suited Vreenak fine. Outside personnel, especially ones held in such esteem, which actually distract some officers out of self-conscious behavior of a senior, superior officer looking over their shoulder.

"Commander, if I may inquire do you anticipate, from experience serving with the Captain previously, he will have any unique expectations regarding the launch of this vessel?" Having never met the man Vreenak wasn't sure what to expect. Some Commanders had certain rites, rituals, or acts they liked to bear witness to on a maiden voyage. Stress the engines to their maximum tolerance, or fire off a spread of torpedoes for some show of might. Some had nothing in particular in mind at all; take her out, make sure all key systems functioned, and start the first mission. These were not always things the Commander would express personally, which could cause strain between them and their Engineer at first from the misunderstanding; something Vreenak would like to avoid. He had enough social matters to deal with as things were.

<Tag Byrne>
Sonja Kinnunen
Veteran Member

Postby sail3695 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:19 am

Commander Colin Byrne
First Officer, Eternity

-and_

Lt. Marisol Hocevar
Assistant Engineer, Eternity

OFF: Combining a second thread, as Etal, James, and Hocevar were headed for Engineering.

ON:

Lt. Vreenak wrote:"Commander, if I may inquire do you anticipate, from experience serving with the Captain previously, he will have any unique expectations regarding the launch of this vessel?"

"A good question, lieutenant," Byrne nodded. "I've accompanied the captain for two shakedown cruises. In both cases, he's chosen to push the ship to her limits, going to maximum warp and keeping her there for prolonged periods of time. Not something our previous chief engineers might've recommended for a new set of engines, but if your assistant engineers were here, I rather think they might agree that we did "shake her down" rather well as a result." Colin paused, as memories of Eternity's final departure from Earth orbit, "firewalling" at warp 9 point something through the Sol system on her way toward Ildius 3.

<Tag Vreenak>

"Oh, we're here, alright," came a sudden statement from behind him. Colin turned at the sound of a voice he knew all too well, the smile broadening to a full grin as the sight of Hmra Etal and a beaming Marisol Hocevar came into view.

"Marisol," he laughed. "Hmra. I was wondering when you'd show up!"

<Tag Etal>

"I could say that for the past two years," Marisol quipped, her eyes dancing between Colin and Red. "Can't decide which one of you I want to hug first!"

"Always follow the rank," Byrne smiled as he took the petite woman into a welcome embrace. "I've missed you," he said, feeling the force of her arms about his shoulders. "There's quite alot we should talk about."

"Oh, yeah," Marisol nodded, before kissing her friend's cheek. "Look at you!" she exclaimed as two fingers landed upon the grey at his temple. "When did this happen?"

"Comes with the territory," he smiled, before kissing her forehead in return. "I'm glad to see that you haven't aged a day."

"Flattery won't get you out of trouble with me," she laughed, "but it'll help. This is for disappearing for two years!" The fist pounded into his left shoulder.

"Ow!" Colin laughed again.

"And this," Hocevar continued, "is for not calling, pendejo!" A second blow landed upon the same spot.

Colin backed away from the hug, his right hand protectively rubbing the shoulder. "Pity, this. The old bruise had just healed," he chuckled. "Go have at the LtCdr, before you send me to Sickbay," he smiled upon her, as Marisol turned her eyes once again upon her former chief engineer. "Hmra," he continued, a fond gaze upon the Caitian, "I'm so glad to see you again." Colin warmly embraced Hmra Etal, the woman whose efforts in the Vault had kept his away team safe, until their final firefight with the Followers of Nero. "Having you here, with Marisol, is very happy news indeed."

<Tag Etal>

As he finished the hug, Colin could hear Marisol's voice over his shoulder. "And you," she said, pointing an accusing finger into the face of Rick Barlow. "This is for not even saying goodbye!" Colin chuckled at the soft thud of Marisol's fist landing upon Red's shoulder. "God, Red, it's so good to see you!" Marisol exclaimed as the two embraced.

<Tag Barlow>

"My apologies, Lt. Vreenak," Byrne said as he turned to face the Romulan who'd stood silent before these displays of affection and reunion. "Permit me to introduce your assistants, Lt. jg Hmra Etal, and Lt. Marisol Hocevar."

<Tag Vreenak, Barlow, Etal>

"Sorry, sir," Marisol said, wiping at her eyes as she moved to greet her new chief. "Lt. Marisol Hocevar, reporting for duty. I'll replicate a uniform and be ready to go in two minutes."

<Tag Vreenak, Etal, Barlow>

As the engineers all clustered, the discussions rapidly took a technical nature. Colin chastised himself at the sight of the third lieutenant, a trim woman whose face seemed familiar, as she stood politely by. In a moment, the crooked, disarming smile, and the michievous expression in her green eyes offered up proof positive. "You must be the new Counselor, Lt. James," Colin smiled. "I'm the First Officer, Commander Byrne. Welcome aboard," he said, offering his hand.

<Tag James>

Shields up, the Dark Companion warned.
Dan "sail3695"
sail3695
Veteran Member

Postby Janice Lacey James » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:17 pm

LtJG Janelle James
Counselor
US Eternity

Jan had stayed back as the old friends greeted each other. She stood watching and could only smile when their discussions turn into technical jargon. She made a mental note to herself to talk to each of them separately, when and if the time came. Right now she was just enjoying seeing them relax. She thought to herself that this assignment might not be so bad after all. She resisted the urge to drop her shield and touch their minds, or even let the empathic feeling in. She didn't need that to see they were happy to see each other.

So far, everyone she'd met had been friendly and not put off by the fact she was a counselor. The three men were so involved with their conversation that it took Janelle a second to realize she was being addressed.

"You must be the new Counselor, Lt. James," Colin smiled. "I'm the First Officer, Commander Byrne. Welcome aboard," he said, offering his hand.

Janelle nodded and smiled, "That would be me, Sir. Lt jg Janelle James." She took his outstretched hand in welcome. "Thank you, Commander. I have a feeling my services won't be needed by you lot, you all seem well adjusted."

<tag Byrne>
MSgt. Jamie Lynn Stathem, 2nd Support Detachment NCOIC; USS Cadecus
Lt Jg. Janice Lacey, Chief Science Officer (CSCI); USS Atlantis
Lt Janelle James, Counselor; USS Eternity-B (TDY USS Hope)
Lt Jg.(acting) Jamie Morrison,Intel; USS Independence
Lt. Meghan Amalia Steele, Eng Consultant, Shattered Universe
Janice Lacey James

Postby sail3695 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Commander Colin Byrne
First Officer, Eternity

She had an easy way about her. Other counselors he'd known seemed to wear their occupations on their sleeves, choosing to fill conversation with open ended questions, which, when answered, brought about a series of wizened nods and expressions to make one feel as if all that was missing was the analyst's couch. Even the vaunted Deanna Troi couldn't seem to shake the persona of her profession. He found himself coming to be a bit more at ease by her nature.

Lt. James wrote:"Thank you, Commander. I have a feeling my services won't be needed by you lot, you all seem well adjusted."

"Good to know, that," Byrne nodded, releasing her hand after they'd shaken. "Though I've no doubt that this mission shall generate it's share of stress and anxiety among the crew. I think we've assigned your office and treatment room. If there's anything you might require before we cast off, please contact me."

<Tag James>
Dan "sail3695"
sail3695
Veteran Member

Postby Janice Lacey James » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:02 pm

LTjg Janelle James
Counselor
USS Eternity

Janelle laughed, "Just as in any mission into the unknown, Commander. But if what I see here is any indication, there are already friendships cultivated. This will significantly lower the stress levels. " She dropped her hand to her side as she spoke and then chuckled, "I don't anticipate needing much, but if I do, I'll definitely contact you, Sir. Now if you'll excuse me, All this tech talk is beyond my scope. I'll leave you to it and continue my walk."

<Tag Byrne>
MSgt. Jamie Lynn Stathem, 2nd Support Detachment NCOIC; USS Cadecus
Lt Jg. Janice Lacey, Chief Science Officer (CSCI); USS Atlantis
Lt Janelle James, Counselor; USS Eternity-B (TDY USS Hope)
Lt Jg.(acting) Jamie Morrison,Intel; USS Independence
Lt. Meghan Amalia Steele, Eng Consultant, Shattered Universe
Janice Lacey James

Postby Sonja Kinnunen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Lieutenant Talla Vreenak

Byrne's reply was filed away for when the two gentlemen were not present and it would not be "rude" to make certain notes for the duty roster. The engines may have been tested previously, but a great deal had happened since that time. Vreenak would have a team perform another sweep of all critical systems regarding the warp and transwarp drives. That had been one of the first things they'd done, naturally, but if it was one of the Captain's personal favorites to see the extent of the vessel's capabilities then Vreenak would give the man a suitable demonstration. This would only challenge Engineering to give him even more in a crisis, but then what were all these engineers for if not to improve upon what they were given? "Understood." Not that he'd taken what Byrne had said as an order, but despite the Commander's apparent ease with a Romulan officer in Engineering Vreenak did not easily "open up" to others; a laugh or casual acceptance was therefore uncalled for.

<Tag Byrne>

That was all the time he had edgewise anyway as a few other officers made themselves known. Several personnel files popped into the Lieutenant's mind as he stood there; the faces recalled various details not the least of which being position and rank. In the context of what Byrne had said, however, position would have been easy to surmise.

Soon it broke out into a reunion of sorts, leaving the Romulan the odd man out--which actually sounded more surprising than it should have, in his opinion. As they conversed, however, he took the moment to send those notes he'd mentally made out to on-duty personnel. No need for him to stand there like a statue.

By the time Byrne was done hugging and crying with elation at familiar faces, Vreenak was right where they left him with the PADD placed back on the console exactly where it'd been when the two men first arrived. Meticulous? That was in Vreenak's file. Some might even say obsessive, but then he hadn't gotten ahead by being inattentive. "Lieutenants," he greeted, allowing the Commander to make the introductions.

<Tag Byrne, Etal, Hocevar>

Marisol made a personal introduction then, drawing the Romulan's dark eyes as he calmly took in what she had to say. "That would be preferred." Working out of uniform was foreign in the Empire or in Starfleet; not something he would encourage. "I am pleased," a Human expression, though how many he could make in a day to remain cordial would remain to be seen, "to have you both aboard. The Commander had just informed me the engines may be taken to their design limits," and likely then some, "on our maiden voyage. With your assistance I am confident we will surpass the Captain's expectations."

<Tag Etal, Hocevar>

The Commander's next distraction then came in the form of the ship's Counselor. Telepath. First thing that popped into Vreenak's mind. Romulan Officers, especially of command rank, were conditioned to resist intrusions; all the same it was vital to remain focused in the event such a violation was initiated. His eye had slid to the side for the briefest of moments to catch sight of the woman before they returned to his Assistant Engineers. Best not to draw unwanted attention; curiosity alone might fall against him.
Sonja Kinnunen
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 am

Lt Amelia 'Mia' Moore
Chief of Science
USS Eternity

Mia sat in the quiet confines of the CSCI office finishing her report for The Captain. She was not looking forward to the meeting. She almost wished she could send someone else to the staff meeting, but that wouldn't go over very well. She was certain of that.

With a heavy sigh she closed up her report , downloading it to her PADD. There was still a lot of time to kill before the meeting and right now she knew that there would be a lot of people wandering around, getting acquainted with the ship. Marisol and Colin probably among them. She folded her arms on the desk and lowered her head. "Don't think about it Amelia," She chastised herself, but she could just picture the two of them walking together, chatting happily and making plans that she had once dreamed of. Before long Amelia had fallen into a fitful sleep.

There was Colin, as she'd last seen him, walking away down the platform. But instead of being alone, Marisol was with him. Colin had his arm placed possessively around her waist. Marisol was looking up at Colin, smiling and glancing back at Amelia. Colin looked back over his shoulder at her. The look he gave her was less than friendly. Like she was spying on them. Amelia wanted to turn away but she couldn't. Colin stopped and pulled Marisol into a warm embrace and looked back at Amelia. "I couldn't wait for You, And Marisol has been there for me whenever I needed her. You weren't!" With that he leaned down and..

Amelia woke up with a start. She rubbed her forehead, "Dammit, Amelia, it's over. stop punishing yourself. It wasn't your fault."

<Open Tag>
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Sorveck » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:03 am

Agent Sorveck
Chief of Intelligence Operations, SB354
Captain's RR, USS Eternity

"Dead might be an exaggeration Mr. Sorveck…," Jim pressed, remaining at his seat.

Sorveck looked at the man, "Indeed it is, however you can no doubt unsderstand my confusion. The last I saw of you, you were determined to destroy the ship so as not to let the Council get their hands on this technology." He made an inquiring motion to the chair in front of him. As Jim nodded he took the seat, resting his elbows on his lap and connecting his hands by his fingertips. He stared at Jim for a few moments, just studying the man's face, searching for some sign,of what he didn't know.

"I should have known that you had a hand in this. Once my proposal of all of the former Eternity's crew had been approved, your influence on the council should have been apparent. Quite a large oversight on my part, especially for a former Intelligence Analyst.

"It seems you have come full circle though. As I recall you were disillusioned with the Council and their methods, yet here you are using those same techniques in order to quell the coming storm. I do have the slightest inclination to follow you down this path just to see how much you will become like them. However, I have more pressing matters elsewhere, just consider this a visit from an old friend, one who wanted to see if the rumors were true and that you were actually alive and well. Although, perhaps a I am presuming to much about our relationship, although it has been quite along time since I have had a friend, I am reasonably sure that keeping one's survival from a catastrophic event a secret is not one of the tenets."

<Maxwell>
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden,
the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.~~~~~~ Capt Picard "Drumhead"
Sorveck
FSF Host (Retired)

Next

Return to In-Character Roleplay