NBA Playoffs

Chat about all pro related sports stuff here.

NBA Playoffs

Postby FSF Ignatius » Sat May 03, 2014 7:58 pm

With the first round nearly over I've been relatively shocked with some of these series. OKC and Indy having battles with 8th seeds is unprecedented in the NBA and things look like they'll just get harder for the 1 seeds in this tournament. Miami looks good. Any thoughts or predictions?
GM1 USS Stargazer
FSF Ignatius
FSF Host (*)

Re: NBA Playoffs

Postby FSF EBK » Sat May 03, 2014 9:41 pm

I just hope some team beats LeBron and the Heat. He's self-promoting, arrogant, and seems to think he's better than the two greatest players in NBA history, Michael Jordan and Bill Russell.
FSF EBK
Retired Host

Commanding Officer - U.S.S Independence (Ret)
"Don't be a great man just be a man. Let history make its own judgments"
-Dr. Zephram Cochrane 2073
FSF EBK
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Ignatius » Wed May 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Well the second round has been interesting EBK. Brooklyn trails Miami 3-1 going into game five tonight. San Antonio has a 3-1 lead over Portland, the LA Clippers trail the OKC Thunder 3-2 after last nights debacle from Chris Paul, and Washington trails Indiana 3-2.

So time for a few predictions:

Game Five: Brooklyn beats Miami
Game Five: Portland beats San Antonio
Game Six: LA Clippers beat OKC
Game Six: Indiana eliminates Washington
Game Six: Brooklyn beats Miami
Game Six: San Antonio beats Portland
Game Seven: Miami beats Brooklyn

And some thoughts on what you were saying EBK. I'm not sure I agree with you on your thoughts on King James. The fact remains that King James is a better overall player than Michael Jordan statically at this point in their careers. If Miami three peats then you'll see the conversation really begin to get heavy converge. At the end of his career James is going to be a better player imho. As far as comparisons to Bill Russell I would't even have him in the conversation. Of course he has a TON of rings to back up a claim as the goat but if we're going to talk about previous greats I think Wilt Chamberlain was a more complete player.

Let's keep this conversation going folks!
GM1 USS Stargazer
FSF Ignatius
FSF Host (*)

Postby FSF EBK » Wed May 14, 2014 7:01 pm

And some thoughts on what you were saying EBK. I'm not sure I agree with you on your thoughts on King James. The fact remains that King James is a better overall player than Michael Jordan statically at this point in their careers.

Stats are only part of it. You want to talk about the complete player, on and off the court, to say nothing of being a team player, it's MJ hands down.

"King James," is not worthy of that title, and he never will be because several other players have been on 3-peat teams including Russell, but you ceded that point already
FSF EBK
Retired Host

FSF EBK
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF EBK » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:39 am

Well, LeBron and the Heat got beat, and LeBron demonstrated that he is not truly a team player. You can't blame the Heat's loss all on him, but I think the conversation about comparing him to MJ or some of the other greats is done for now.
FSF EBK
Retired Host

FSF EBK
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Blitz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Grats to the Spurs for redeeming themselves and beating the Heat. Makes you wonder where LeBron will 'take his talents to' in the future?
FSF Blitz
FSF Host (Retired)

Return to Pro Sports