Football is here!!!!

Chat about all pro related sports stuff here.

Re: Football is here!!!!

Postby FSF Bri » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Clearly I refer to Tom Brady who is the anti-Christ. ;)

Something about the Patriots have always bothered me. It was Bellichek for a while after his whole little cheating thing, but in general, something about their team is wrong. Maybe this time it's the Aaron Hernandez thing.
Captain Sorjei ch'Thalev, Commanding Officer, USS Akira-C Image
Commodore Brian O'Neil, Director, Special Projects Image
Epsilon Fleet Executive Officer; Awards Director
"You assume I give a damn. That's cute" - Commander Shepard, Mass Effect
"I have faith in nothing but this - when the universe collapses and dies, there will be three survivors - Tyr Anasazi, the cockroaches, and Dylan Hunt, trying to save the cockroaches." - Tyr Anasazi
FSF Bri
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF EBK » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:06 pm

It was Bellichek for a while after his whole little cheating thing, but in general, something about their team is wrong

Not justifying it, but just about every other NFL team has at one point taped signals. How are the Patriots any worse than any other team that did so?
FSF EBK
Retired Host

Commanding Officer - U.S.S Independence (Ret)
"Don't be a great man just be a man. Let history make its own judgments"
-Dr. Zephram Cochrane 2073
FSF EBK
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Bri » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Because you say every other team has done it, but he's the only one that's been caught and punished for it. So until there are others, I can't really argue a point that has no facts to back it up.
"I have faith in nothing but this - when the universe collapses and dies, there will be three survivors - Tyr Anasazi, the cockroaches, and Dylan Hunt, trying to save the cockroaches." - Tyr Anasazi
FSF Bri
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF EBK » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:31 pm

That's not true

http://www.cbssports.com/print/nfl/stor ... -mcdaniels

The reason the NFL went after them is basically same reason why the MLB went so hard after A-Rod; they are ashamed of their own failure to deal with issues involving what exactly constitutes cheating, so they need a big name to make it stick when they do something. BB is basically the greatest coach in NFL history aside from Tom Landry and I doubt his overall legacy will be tarnished very much for 3 minutes of 1 game.

Now, I think A-Rod deserved what he got, and I think the Pats deserved to be punished, but, that does not mean that any success the Patriots have had since 07' should be attributed to cheating.

So many fans of subpar teams are celebrating their loss tonight if for no other reason than they do not want to admit that the Patriots are a winning franchise. They are just the second team to win 3 Superbowls and 6 league championships in the span of a decade and the only team to win their division 11 out of 12 years.

I was pissed at the Pats loss tonight, but guess what, I know they'll be right back out there again in September ready to dominate, and they'll be healthier too...
FSF EBK
Retired Host

Commanding Officer - U.S.S Independence (Ret)
"Don't be a great man just be a man. Let history make its own judgments"
-Dr. Zephram Cochrane 2073
FSF EBK
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Bri » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Well, I am glad the Broncos made it. I've never really been a fan of either of the teams Peyton has been on, but I like the comeback story he'll have following his neck surgery and basically being dropped by his franchise team, yet bringing his new team to the Super Bowl. I don't really care for the 49ers due to what I see as their ego-centric showmanship, so I hope that the rookie Seahawks QB can take them to meet the Broncos. I think it'll be a good match that way.
FSF Bri
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Titan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:49 am

Always have been a Manning fan... super glad to see him going back to the Super Bowl, especially after the Colts let him go. Outside of Manning being in the Super Bowl... the next most exciting thing is the commercials; although I wasn't too impressed with them last year.
Joe Ferguson
FSF Commanding Officer
FSF Titan
FSF Host (OOO**)

Postby FSF Dragon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Yeah, the commercials weren't nearly as good last year... hopefully they'll be better this year...

So it's down to the Bronco's vs the Seahawks... not really a fan of either team, but I think I'm going for the Bronco's this year.

and I'll continue my hope that Romo will retire in the off season and the Cowboys can maybe get a new quarterback that can handle a little pressure without throwing an interception.
FSF Dragon
Host: Shattered Universe | Mass Effect: Paradise Lost | Specter Defense Services
Boards Director
FSF Dragon
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Bri » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Yeah, Peyton is pretty classy, I am also glad he made it after the team change. I understand why the Colts let him go... it made sense... but was it the right thing to do? Not at all. The guy has buildings named after him in Indianapolis. You don't just ditch a franchise quarterback like that. Gives me a bad taste for the Colts organization after that happened.

For the outcome... I don't think I feel strongly either way. I think it would be awesome to see Peyton win a super bowl after being dumped by the Colts. At the same time, I think the Seahawks have earned it, especially after the constant dogging on their "shorter than average" quarterback. He's a rookie though, and his last game wasn't pretty. I think ultimately, he'll probably choke if Denver can put up a good defense.

Ditto on Romo. In fact... if all of the Cowboys just retired, I think it'd be a better team for it. Terry Jones can stay though, I like Wingstop.

Hope I don't ruin it for you, Titan, but I believe a majority of the Super Bowl ads are already posted online. That's cool that you can watch them at will... but it kind of takes away from the event itself unfortunately.
FSF Bri
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Ignatius » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:43 pm

FSF Dragon wrote:Yeah, the commercials weren't nearly as good last year... hopefully they'll be better this year...

So it's down to the Bronco's vs the Seahawks... not really a fan of either team, but I think I'm going for the Bronco's this year.

and I'll continue my hope that Romo will retire in the off season and the Cowboys can maybe get a new quarterback that can handle a little pressure without throwing an interception.

Could always trade him to NY for Sanchez.....I'm sure that'll be an IMPROVEMENT (LOL)!

Based off of the game, I'm gonna be rooting for Russell Wilson and the Seahawks. I HATE Manning.
GM1 USS Stargazer
FSF Ignatius
FSF Host (*)

Postby FSF Ward » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:10 pm

I'm looking forward to the game. I'm not really a fan of either team, but Manning coming back with Denver and winning it would be pretty awesome.
Chief Logistics Officer
FSF Ward
FSF Host (****)

Postby FSF Falk » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:11 pm

I'm pulling for Manning, myself. Always a class act that guy.
GM1 Stargate SG-10
FSF Executive Officer

"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live" - Marcus Aurelius
FSF Falk
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Wasaga » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Interesting setup this year. I'm cheering for Denver this year.
James aka FSF Wasaga
GM1, Starfleet Delta
GM2, Stargate Command
Twitter @FSF_Wasaga
Life on the Beach

Major Ephraim Renais | Executive Officer | Stargate Command
Commodore Ephraim Renais | Commanding Officer | USS Raptor - Starfleet Delta
Cdr. Orat'Aran | Commanding Officer | Deep Space 4 - Starfleet Delta
Cdr. Frank O'Connor | Acting Chief Engineer/Second Officer | USS Raptor - Starfleet Delta
Cdr. Eirika Renais | Ship's Counsellor | USS Raptor - Starfleet Delta
FSF Wasaga
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Eris » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Superbowl picks?

Nocturne's Reign - GM1
Star Trek: Aquarius - GM2
FSF Eris
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Cassiopeia » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:08 pm

I normally don't really go for either team and I'm not even sure who I want to win yet. Since my team isn't in it, I'll prolly be focusing on the commercials but I'll watch the game and hope that it's pretty interesting!
Trek Game Advisor; Captain Casey Bryant - Shattered Universe (GM2); Lt. Cmdr. Isabelle Boudreaux - USS Firewall (GM2)
FSF Cassiopeia
FSF Host (O)

Postby claudia_johnson » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:03 am

FSF Eris wrote:Superbowl picks?

Seattle 24 Dever 23
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" Jessica Rabbit

"Faith is a torment, did you know that? Its like loving someone in the darkness who never answers no matter how loud you call" Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal.
claudia_johnson

Postby FSF Falk » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:39 am

Denver 34, Seattle 24. THat's right, called it here! :)
GM1 Stargate SG-10
FSF Executive Officer

"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live" - Marcus Aurelius
FSF Falk
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Dragon » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:01 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing which of you is closer to being right.
FSF Dragon
Host: Shattered Universe | Mass Effect: Paradise Lost | Specter Defense Services
Boards Director
FSF Dragon
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Scarlett » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Two words.....

PUPPY BOWL!!!!!
FSF Scarlett
Gamma Fleet -XO- GAMMA FLEET
Captain Amanda Beckett -XO- USS Stennis
LCDR Ormak Loran-XO- Epsilon Station
Captain Hanna Lodge -XO- USS Deliverance
Don’t Forget T^3 Trek Trivia Tuesday 8pm in 10F
FSF Scarlett
FSF Host (O**)

Postby claudia_johnson » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:07 pm

So 36-0 in the 3rd.....GO SEAHAWKS LOL!
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" Jessica Rabbit

"Faith is a torment, did you know that? Its like loving someone in the darkness who never answers no matter how loud you call" Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal.
claudia_johnson

Postby FSF Bri » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:58 pm

What the heck was that?
FSF Bri
FSF Host (Retired)

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Sports