Great Offseason for the Pistons

Chat about all pro related sports stuff here.

Great Offseason for the Pistons

Postby claudia_johnson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:30 am

Well, I'm not sure how many other people here in the FSF love the Bad Boys ( The Pistons have always been my favourite Metro Detroit sports team). Anyway, it looks like Joe Dumars has finally started making good decisions again. Here are some the things he made happen this summer:

Jan 30th, 2013: Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye traded for Jose Calderon in a three way trade. Opens up a $20 million cap space for the FA.
April 18th, 2013: Fires Lawrence Frank as head coach.
May 2nd, 2013: Hired Phil Jackson to become an advisor for the head coaching search
June 10th, 2013: Signs Mo Cheeks as the next head coach of the Detroit Pistons
June 27th, 2013: Drafts Kentavious Caldwell Pope, Tony Mitchell, and Peyton Silva
July 6th, 2013: Rasheed Wallace hired as an assistant coach
July 8th, 2013: Signs Josh Smith to a 4 year, $54 million dollar contract (roughly $12.5 million a year against the cap)
July 11th, 2013: Signs Chauncey "Mr.Big Shot" Billups to a 2 year, $5 million dollar contract.

So, outside of the Prince trade in January and the firing of Lawrence Frank, I think Joe D has been turning around his fortune recently. He's casted a nice, young team, and brought in two veterans that'll help mature this team. I can see the Pistons winning 41 games this year and making the playoffs as an eighth seed. Anyway, what are your thoughts on Joe and the Pistons?

P.S. Richard Hamilton was waived by the Bulls today. The pistons have roughly $5.5 million left in cap space should they decide to go after him. How would you feel about a Billups / Hamilton bench backcourt return?
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" Jessica Rabbit

"Faith is a torment, did you know that? Its like loving someone in the darkness who never answers no matter how loud you call" Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal.
claudia_johnson

Return to Pro Sports