Nascar Chase

Chat about all pro related sports stuff here.

Nascar Chase

Postby FSF Cassiopeia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:29 am

So, there are only 6 races left for this year in Nascar. Which means that we have had 4 races already for the Chase and things are starting to get heated. Does anyone want to see someone in particular win? I know that I really want Gordon to win another championship, especially because of all the craziness he has been through this year. Does anyone else even watch Nascar? lol
Trek Game Advisor; Captain Casey Bryant - Shattered Universe (GM2); Lt. Cmdr. Isabelle Boudreaux - USS Firewall (GM2)
FSF Cassiopeia
FSF Host (O)

Re: Nascar Chase

Postby FSF Wasaga » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 am

I catch races here and there but I'm not as focused on NASCAR as I use to be. I do enjoy this new chase feature that they introduced.
James aka FSF Wasaga
GM1, Starfleet Delta
GM2, Stargate Command
Twitter @FSF_Wasaga
Life on the Beach

Major Ephraim Renais | Executive Officer | Stargate Command
Commodore Ephraim Renais | Commanding Officer | USS Raptor - Starfleet Delta
Cdr. Orat'Aran | Commanding Officer | Deep Space 4 - Starfleet Delta
Cdr. Frank O'Connor | Acting Chief Engineer/Second Officer | USS Raptor - Starfleet Delta
Cdr. Eirika Renais | Ship's Counsellor | USS Raptor - Starfleet Delta
FSF Wasaga
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Dragon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:05 pm

I used to follow it religiously, but ever since it became the "Nextel Cup" and then the "Sprint Cup" I've been losing interest, it's changed to much from the sport I started watching. That being said... anybody but Jimmie Johnson.

I know he's not actually in the chase... but I'd like to see Mark Martin win a Championship before he retires... I know it's not going to happen, but it would be nice.
FSF Dragon
Host: Shattered Universe | Mass Effect: Paradise Lost | Specter Defense Services
Boards Director
FSF Dragon
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Cassiopeia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Yeah, it would be cool to see Mark Martin win one. It's a possibility but prolly not much of one anymore because I'm not so sure that he is racing full seasons anymore. I also just don't think he has the sponsors to necessarily do it. But we'll just have to wait and see!
Trek Game Advisor; Captain Casey Bryant - Shattered Universe (GM2); Lt. Cmdr. Isabelle Boudreaux - USS Firewall (GM2)
FSF Cassiopeia
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Dragon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:15 pm

yeah, I can't remember if it was last season or the one before was his last full season. I'm pretty sure it's a combination of age, money and sponsors. I mean, he's gotta be one of the oldest guys out there now.
FSF Dragon
Host: Shattered Universe | Mass Effect: Paradise Lost | Specter Defense Services
Boards Director
FSF Dragon
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Cassiopeia » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 am

Yeah, I think he is. But it's still cool to see him racing. Then again, from when I first started watching NASCAR a lot of these guys are getting old! Haha
FSF Cassiopeia
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Dragon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:43 pm

I remember the first time I heard about the "Gillette Young Guns" most of those guys are the "Old Timers" now.
FSF Dragon
Boards Director
FSF Dragon
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Cassiopeia » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:43 pm

So the Chase is finally over and Gordon won the last race of the season! Too bad he couldn't win another championship! Anyways, Brad Keslowski won the championship and it's kind of nice to see someone different winning things!
FSF Cassiopeia
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Cassiopeia » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:42 pm

So...it's been a year since I've talked about Nascar...which is kind of lame of me! But today the last race happened for the 2013 season and Jimmie Johnson won his 6th Championship over the last 8 years. Pretty crazy and amazing to be honest! Did anyone else watch any of this year's races? The good news is that it will be back in about 3 months or so! Woop!!
FSF Cassiopeia
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Dragon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:45 pm

I've never been a fan oh Johnson... Call me crazy... but they've been suspended at least 3 times and penalized at least another 9 times for cheating... and those are just the times they've been caught... I'm not saying other drivers and teams don't cheat... but someone who's been caught that many times... and has that many championships... just saying... I see a connection...
FSF Dragon
Boards Director
FSF Dragon
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Cassiopeia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:31 pm

*nods* Surprisingly I have to agree with you. It's something that really made me want the others in the Chase to have a greater chance to be able to win the championship. Cheating is just something silly and I don't know why people do it anyways, it's just not right.
FSF Cassiopeia
FSF Host (O)

Postby FSF Wasaga » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:11 pm

I managed to catch a few races on TV and heard a few more on Sirius radio. I didn't like the stunts pulled on the final race before the Chase started.

Look forward to a better season next year.
James aka FSF Wasaga
GM1, Starfleet Delta
GM2, Stargate Command
Twitter @FSF_Wasaga
Life on the Beach

Major Ephraim Renais | Executive Officer | Stargate Command
Commodore Ephraim Renais | Commanding Officer | USS Raptor - Starfleet Delta
Cdr. Orat'Aran | Commanding Officer | Deep Space 4 - Starfleet Delta
Cdr. Frank O'Connor | Acting Chief Engineer/Second Officer | USS Raptor - Starfleet Delta
Cdr. Eirika Renais | Ship's Counsellor | USS Raptor - Starfleet Delta
FSF Wasaga
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Duke » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Wow, a Sprint cup thread???? I know as much about this as I do Star Trek and Stargate so that is a lot. Anyway I would have loved to have seen ANYONE besides Jimmy Johnson win the cup. I am so sick of him winning. I still say its the car and not the driver. Jeff Gordan, who I do not partiucularly care for and Tony Stewart who is my favorite driver ( besides Mark Martin ) could drive circles around him. Plus I would hate to see him tie the King or Dale Sr. with 7. At the same time i guess you gotta give credit where its due. Cup championships are not easy to come by and he has 6. Ugh i STILL HATE HIM.
FSFDuke - Current GM2 Stargate Command - Former GM2 Star Fleet Delta
Former Executive Officer Starbase 35 - Former Commanding Officer USS-Montana
Former Executive Officer USS-Stargazer - Former Commanding and Executive Officer USS-Akira
Former Commanding and Executive Officer USS North Carolina - Former Commanding Officer Stargate Command

"Tell me something................Would it be just way to radical if we just stopped fighting, just stopped, Declared victory and went on home" - Doc Hockenberry - from Tour of Duty

FSFDuke's Madness - http://blogs.sb254.com/fsfduke1/index.php
FSF Duke
FSF Host (OO****)

Location: The City with BIG shoulders and the best Lakefront in the World!!

Postby FSF Duke » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:38 pm

FSF Dragon wrote:I've never been a fan oh Johnson... Call me crazy... but they've been suspended at least 3 times and penalized at least another 9 times for cheating... and those are just the times they've been caught... I'm not saying other drivers and teams don't cheat... but someone who's been caught that many times... and has that many championships... just saying... I see a connection...

This is another reason why i hate Jimmie Johnson, he and Chad Kanus (SP*) have been getting away with nothing more than a few point penalties and minimal fines for years. As long as the cost of cheating is less than the money they make getting away with it people will do it, I have to echo one point from above. Those were the times they were caught. 6 championships in 8 years to go along with 5 in a row. As stiff as the competition is in cup, that does not sound possible but it happened. Someday we'll hear from someone that his car was on steriods just like it came out about other atheletes cheating.
FSFDuke - Current GM2 Stargate Command - Former GM2 Star Fleet Delta
Former Executive Officer Starbase 35 - Former Commanding Officer USS-Montana
Former Executive Officer USS-Stargazer - Former Commanding and Executive Officer USS-Akira
Former Commanding and Executive Officer USS North Carolina - Former Commanding Officer Stargate Command

"Tell me something................Would it be just way to radical if we just stopped fighting, just stopped, Declared victory and went on home" - Doc Hockenberry - from Tour of Duty

FSFDuke's Madness - http://blogs.sb254.com/fsfduke1/index.php
FSF Duke
FSF Host (OO****)

Location: The City with BIG shoulders and the best Lakefront in the World!!

Return to Pro Sports