Operation: Rising Phoenix

The USS Cadecus is a hospital cruiser or floating MASH unit capable of deploying to whatever area needs her services. We would be capable of carrying medical supplies to distant colonies, run a combat support hospital under fire, while at the same time running field triage units on the ground. Disaster relief would also be under our purview. Formerly operated as a Guild in coordination with the Medical & Science Guild.

Postby Zachary_Eastwood » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:45 am

The next morning Paula found herself outside the Captain's ready room primming and priming her hair and uniform to make sure it was perfect. She had never met a command-level officer outside of the Academy and was always a bit shy when it came to giving a report to her department commanding officer of an entire MASH ship.

However the idea to turn dandelions into food had evolved a bit. Now they could be food for both humanoids and the animals of Betazed, which the Betazoids would in turn eat. She knew introducing a new species into an environment was tricky so she had planned out a couple gene modifications in the morning over he orange juice and in between her little one-- perhaps a gene that would cause plants after the tenth generation to begin to die out? She hadn't quite figured it out yet.

She was glad that the Betazoids were not fond of lawnmowers as she tapped the chime to enter the room.

<TAG: Gonzalez>
Lt. Commander Zachary Eastwood - Chief Tactical Officer/ Star Trek: Andromeda :: Lt. David 'Brad' McIntyre III-Chief Engineer / Star Trek: Project Origin

FSF Metalhead: Guild Director, GM1 Torchwood: United Front
Zachary_Eastwood
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Esrom » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Driea had not slept well. She supposed that, over time, she would get used to the sudden emptiness of her rooms without Jason there but for now, She ached every time she thought of him being so far away. She had gone to her ready room about an hour before Alpha shift came on. Trying to keep herself busy she had taken out a very Special PADD. One from not so long ago, when she had thought Jason was lost to her that contained a very special message.

It was almost a relief when her door chimed. She looked at the chronograph and realized that more time had passed than she had realized. That would be Dr White, to discuss her reforestation strategy.

Driea put away the PADD she had been reading. Smoothed her Tunic and lifted her head. "COME!"

<Tag White>
FSF ESROM
GM: ISS TYRANNY * USS Cadecus/USS Stagazer SFOL * USS Phoenix
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby Zachary_Eastwood » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Paula stepped through the doors and approached the Captain with the slight hint of fear. Her hair was primmed and proper, he uniform spotless, her mind a wild tangled jumbled up slinky and her stress level slowly rising.

"Dr. Paula White, Xenobiolgist, reporting as ordered Sir..."

<TAG: Driea >
Lt. Commander Zachary Eastwood - Chief Tactical Officer/ Star Trek: Andromeda :: Lt. David 'Brad' McIntyre III-Chief Engineer / Star Trek: Project Origin

Zachary_Eastwood
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:43 am

Mia entered the bridge just as Dr White was entering the Captain's Ready room. If Mia knew the Captain the way she thought she did, Dreia had been there for a while already. With a slight sigh she moved to the command chair to relieve the night shift duty officer. AS the change over was made he informed her that they were now less than 30 minutes from orbit coordinates for Betazed, All systems were withing normal parameters, and that Captain Gonzalez had been in her ready room for about an hour or so and had looked very tired.

Mia nodded and assumed command, at least until Dreia and Dr White were done with their discussion. Although she did have to inform the Captain they were getting close. She opened a com to the ready Room.

"Captain Gonzalez, you wanted to be informed when we were in the Betazed system. We will reach our Orbit in .. 28 minutes."

<Tag CO>
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Gunn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Captain Aloitious C. Danfreid of the USS Minx came up to Lt Cmdr Anvar. Anvar was in engineering as normal working with the engineering teams to stay within the parameters he had set for "his" engines.

"Lt. Commander Anvar, do you have a moment?"

"Sure Captain, what can I help you with?" He moved away from the main engineering console and excused himself from the engineers he was talking to.

"Well it's more about what I can help you with. There has been an opening on the USS Cadecus for a First Officer, and it seems you are are the top of their officers list." The Captain smiled knowing that Anvar had been expecting this type of news for quite sometime. Since he was the one that put Anvar's name on the list of available officers for promotion.

Anvar didn't know what to say at first, then smiled, "You know that I'm going to say yes, don't you."

The Captain shook his head. "Knew you would say yes as I came down, so I took the liberty of asking for a runabout assigned to you, and for the time being, keep her. Runabout anVocha, it's all yours until Starfleet say's it's not. You have two hours to pack and get your engineering staff up to par before she arrives. You are then to meet USS Cadecus at Betazed. I have already approved your transfer over. Good luck Lt. Commander Anvar."

Anvar smiled and shook the Captain hand. "Thank you sir, for everything."

"Don't thank me yet, you still have to persuade Captain Gonzales to keep you!", he said as he walked out of the engineering room.

Two hours went very quickly, he briefed his staff and appointed a Chief Engineer pro tem until a new chief could be appointed, or the Captain decided to promote from pro tem to official chief engineer. He packed quickly, he didn't have many personal effects anyway and started to make his way over to the transporter room to be beamed aboard the anVocha. As he exited the turbolift to the corridor that led to the transporter room he was greeted my an unexpected sight. The crew had lined both sides of the hallway with the first officer at the door to the transporter room.

"Attention! First Officer on Deck!" She said loudly The crew immediately stood to attention. Anvar slowly exited the turbolift and walked to the first officer. She held out her hand "Congratulations Anvar, you deserve the posting to USS Cadecus." Anvar shook her hand and they walked into the transporter room. The Captain had been waiting with the rest of the command staff, including the newly promoted Chief Engineer. Anvar said his goodbyes to all of them and stopped at the newly promoted Chief Engineer. "Take care of those engines, Tasha. They're all yours now. But, I'll be checking in with you from time to time."

She laughed "Yes sir, I'll be expecting your call."

He turned and took the main spot on the transporter pads "Ready to disembark, Captain."

"Indeed you are Mr. Anvar." Then the Captain said something in Andorian which translated to. "Fair skies and calm seas, and may the wind be at your back!"

The first officer gave one more command to the crew. "Salute!"

The command staff stood at attention and the entire crew present at the transporter room saluted Anvar as he was transported over to the runabout.

Anvar quickly took the main station of the runabout, plotted a course to Betazed, and just before engaging warp took one last look at the Minx. "A fine ship and crew to serve with." He activated the warp engines and the ship jumped into warp to his new post. First Officer of USS Cadecus.
FSF Gunn - GM, USS Cadecus: MASH - GM, USS Exeter
---
Cairo Gunn, Lt, AXO - USS Exeter
Anvarthiu K'xiks, Cmdr, XO - USS Cadecus: MASH
FSF Gunn
FSF Host (Retired)

Operation Rising Phoenix

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:20 pm

Larinda looked up at the main viewer and saw they were approaching Betazed.  She then completed putting her kit together and headed for Sickbay.  She wondered if her new CMO had thought about her request to be the liasion between Sickbay and Betazed. 

It was going to be difficult not seeing Laxwana anymore or hearing that booming laugh of hers.  Larinda was also going to miss the woman's intrinsic honesty.  That was probably what got her killed, she thought wryly. 

She entered Sickbay and looked around.
<Tag CMO> 
Larinda Starkiller

Operation Rising Phoenix

Postby Dalchron » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 pm

IN:

Commander Yoshi Kehdar looked up at his chronometer and saw also that they were entering orbit. He knew that the time was here to check on his staff and make sure that they were ready. He checked on the new batch of growth from the botanics areas and was pleased. =^= TAP=^="Commander Kehdar to Captain Gonzalez, Science department is ready for mission."He said into his commbadge. Rising, he dumped all of the data he had into a PADD and left Science lab 1 to head to the bridge.

OOC:

Sorry it has been a while, school has gotten the better of me, It is relaxing a bit for this class and I will be posting more often. Please don't kill me yet. LOL

Commander Yoshimitsu Kehdar
CSCI
USS Cadecus
Dalchron

Postby FSF Esrom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:29 pm

White wrote:"Dr. Paula White, Xenobiolgist, reporting as ordered Sir..."

Dreia smiled and motioned to a seat, "Thank you Dr White, Please Relax, take a seat." As she waiting for the woman to relax a bit she received 2 comm's in quick succession.

Mia wrote:"Captain Gonzalez, you wanted to be informed when we were in the Betazed system. We will reach our Orbit in .. 28 minutes."

She held up a finger to Paula to indicate she hold on for one moment as she responded to Mia, "Thank you, Lt Cummings, have the teams make final preparations for departure."

Just as she was about to speak she was interrupted once more.
Kehdar wrote:"Commander Kehdar to Captain Gonzalez, Science department is ready for mission."

Dreia almost laughed "Very good Commander. I'll expect a full department report in 10."

Looking back to Paula with a smile, "Now, where were we... oh yes.. your plants.. an ingenious idea. However I do have some questions. Since the dandelion is not an indigenous plant to Betazed, is it wise to introduce that into their ecosystem, and have you seen any data as to how they, or other lifeforms on the planet, could be adversely affected by it's introduction? You do understand that we have to help the population both now and in the future?"

Dreia leaned forward on her desk and tented her fingers as she waited for the reply.

<Tag Mia, Kehdar, White>
FSF ESROM
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby Zachary_Eastwood » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Paula took a seat, carefully. She held back a giggle as the Captain answered her coms and thought it best to get her answer in before somebody drew her away again. Hers was a position the mother-Doctor did not envy.

"Well, that's the funny thing about these, they really aren't proper dandelions at all! We've spliced in genes from native Betazoid plants to make a more Betazoid friendly weed. That being said we anticipate that their ecosystem will be greatly affected but only in the short term. Since their forrest levels are down about 79% we have an ecosystem that needs a shot of something at the ground level, quite literally, or the entire ecosystem will collapse."

She pulled out her PADDs on the subject. "We anticipate that in the short term these plants will be idea for the ecosystem as a generic food supply for all fauna while other science teams will focus on specific native Betazoid species to restore them. Think of how Pandas on Earth only eat bamboo-- well, we can't feed any Pandas on this stuff but we can take the burden of re-forresting a whole planet away from stationed scientists and let them work on getting other native species."

Going through the graphics she was a bit clumsy, but prepared.

"Finally we programmed a gene into the plants that will cause them to die off after the twentieth generation. Depending on when you start planting, that is only a year away. So we'll have a year to get all these other small projects full-scale while this one sweeping plant feeds the population. And the best part about that is, with proper nitrates from artificial courses released into the atmosphere using replicator technology-- each generation of plants will actually add carbon, nitrates, and what would basically be fertilizer, to the soil. Thus after our twentieth generation dies and the soil is bare again it will be rich and read for the native species to take hold."

"Finally," she said sitting back and taking a deep breath, "we can leave enough seeds behind in underground storage to supply the planet for another year or two after we're long gone if the stationed scientists think it would be wise."

<TAG: Dreia>

Zachary_Eastwood
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Esrom » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:31 am

Dreia smiled And nodded her head. "That is very resourceful, LtG. Work with your DH, Cdr Kehdar, on a schedule for implementation for maximum effect. Make sure you keep him updated on the progress." She sat back in her chair and thought for a moment before she spoke, "On a more personal note, How are you and your daughter settling in? Any problems?"

<Tag White>
FSF ESROM
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Gunn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:40 am

Anvar continued his trip to his destination remembering what the Captain of the Minx told him. "Don't thank me yet, you still have to persuade Captain Gonzales to keep you!" He laughed and hoped the Captain was kidding. Although he did say it in a context that could be taken either way. "Ah, no need to worry about that now. Just do your job and the rest should take care of itself, in time."

When he was 30 minutes from Betazed, he opened a direct communication to the Cadecus.

"This is Lt. Commander Anvarthiu K'xiks calling USS Cadecus, do you read? I should be arriving in about 30 minutes. Will contact you again once I reach orbit. Acknowledge?"
---
FSF Gunn
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby Zachary_Eastwood » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:06 am

"On a more personal note, How are you and your daughter settling in? Any problems?"

"No no, not at all we're getting along just great. I'm sure she'd love to meet you-- her father was Starfleet, since then she's always begging for a couple extra pips to play 'Starship Captain' with... sometimes I think I am raising that child to be a tom-boy!"

She sat back in her chair and blushed as she laughed. A warm smile crossed her face as she looked up into the Captain's eyes.

"Babes, they don't complain. Too young, innocent. Better off that way." Her voice became more somber before she cleared her throat. "I shall report to Commander Kehdar as soon as I leave the office. Anything else Sir?"

<TAG: Esrom>

Zachary_Eastwood
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Esrom » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Dreia smiled and nodded, "If you have any problems let me know. Yes, you should coordinate your efforts with Cdr Kahdar. If you are ready to get to work, I won't keep you from it any longer. Dismissed and good luck."

<Tag White>

After White left, Dreia stood up to look out the portal at the planet below. They had a great task ahead of them, she could only hope her crew and that of the other ships in the envoy would be able to restore the planet and heal the scars of war for these people.
FSF ESROM
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Gunn » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:47 pm

The 30 minutes left to travel to Betazed went quickly. He took the runabout into an extended orbit and then contacted Cadecus.

"This is Lt Commander Anvarthiu K'xiks to Cadecus." He paused a moment. "I have entered extended orbit around Betazed and request permission to come aboard."

'Here it goes', he thought to himself. 'The next step is about to begin.'

<TAG>
---
FSF Gunn
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby Zachary_Eastwood » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:15 pm

As Paula left the Ready room she was pleased to see that Commander Kehdar was there and healthy.

"Well Commander, shall we get to work stuffing some release canisters with seeds for a new Betazoid Dandelion?"

He smiled warmly and almost chucked, she wondered if she could name the species later-- after one of her ex-Boyfriends.... a weed that lives fast and dies off quick.

<TAG: Kehdar.>

Zachary_Eastwood
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Fri May 01, 2009 2:27 am

"This is Lt. Commander Anvarthiu K'xiks calling USS Cadecus, do you read? I should be arriving in about 30 minutes. Will contact you again once I reach orbit. Acknowledge?"

Mia responded to the hail form the Lt Cdr, "USS Cadecus responding, Message received LtCdr K'xiks. We will be ready for you. Cadecus out."

Mia looked towards the ready room. The Captain was in a meeting with one of the science team and Yoshi was waiting to see her. She figured she could wait to relay the message. Turning back to the Tactical console she watched as the blip on the screen steadily grew closer. She signaled down to the Hangar bays to prepare for landing.

As the ship drew closer, Dr White emerged from the Ready room and Mia turned an caught a glimpse of Dreia getting up and turning to the portal. She didn't know what her CO was looking at but she wished there was something she could do for her to ease the loneliness.

Mia's attention was drawn Back to her console by another incoming hail from the shuttle.

"This is Lt Commander Anvarthiu K'xiks to Cadecus." He paused a moment. "I have entered extended orbit around Betazed and request permission to come aboard."

Mia opened a channel and responded, "LtCdr, Hangar bay doors are now open, you are cleared for shuttle approach and landing in shuttle bay 2. Normal landing procedures."

Mia took the information on the LtCdr from SF and forwarded it to the Captain's Ready room. She straightened her tunic and crossed to Ready room and rang the chime.

<Tag K'xiks, CO>
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Esrom » Sat May 02, 2009 5:17 am

Dreia turned from the view as she called out "Come" and waited t see who it was that wanted to see her. She was expecting her chief of science and was mildly surprised when , instead, her Chief of Security walked through the door.

Staying at the portal she asked, "Lt Cummings, what can I do for you?"

<Tag Mia>
FSF ESROM
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Gunn » Tue May 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Mia opened a channel and responded, "LtCdr, Hangar bay doors are now open, you are cleared for shuttle approach and landing in shuttle bay 2. Normal landing procedures."

Anvar responded to the voice on the comm. "Thank You."

He piloted the runabout into the hanger bay and placed it in secure mode, only command staff could activate the runabout console now. He exited from the runabout and headed for the nearest hanger bay officer, looked at the rank to see she was a lieutenant.

"Permission to come aboard Lieutenant..? And where can I find the Captain?"

She replied "Lieutenant Ungermire, sir. Permission granted. The Captain would be on the bridge at this time."

"Thank you Lieutenant Ungermire. I will make my way to the bridge. I will take care of getting my personal effects from the runabout later."

"Yes sir, and sir?"

"Yes lieutenant?"

"Welcome aboard the Cadecus."

He smiled and exited the hanger bay and took the nearest turbo lift to the bridge. The doors opened to see the bridge busy as always with ships operations. He smiled inwardly but he had a look a shear determination on his face as he exited the lift. He didn't see the captain at first, he asked the nearest officer where she was and was informed she was in her ready room. He thanked the officer and walked over to the door and rang the chime.....

<Tag: Captain>
---
FSF Gunn
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby Zachary_Eastwood » Fri May 15, 2009 2:02 am

While waiting for Kehdar to finish doing, whatever he was doing-- obviously very important... she sat down at Science II and looked over some models she had made for the "Dandelion Project". Her thoughts strayed...

To her daughter, he old flame, her new flame-- that cute guy in Security who she had eaten dinner with in the mess the night before... then back to her daughter. She was the spitting image of her father, and she felt so much love yet some sort of emptiness she could not yet identify.

Was her daughter going to be exactly like her father? Or would she be safe? Would she... make a good wife.

It was too early to really think about those things yet anyway, it didn't really make sense. Then again a lot didn't make sense. A wandering mind doesn't normally make sense.

She waited.

Zachary_Eastwood
Veteran Member

Operation: Rising Phoenix

Postby Dalchron » Mon May 18, 2009 11:44 pm

LCDR Kehdar
CSCI
USS Cadecus

Kehdar walked off the turbolift and stepped up behind Lt j.g. White. "Nice projections, Lieutenant. Although we may need to look at a longer term than three cycles. How far out can we supply them?" He said after reading over her shoulder for a few moments.

<<TAG White>>

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Zachary_Eastwood <ncc1701bulldog@yahoo.com (ncc1701bulldog@yahoo.com)> wrote:
While waiting for Kehdar to finish doing, whatever he was doing-- obviously very important... she sat down at Science II and looked over some models she had made for the "Dandelion Project". Her thoughts strayed...

To her daughter, he old flame, her new flame-- that cute guy in Security who she had eaten dinner with in the mess the night before... then back to her daughter. She was the spitting image of her father, and she felt so much love yet some sort of emptiness she could not yet identify.

Was her daughter going to be exactly like her father? Or would she be safe? Would she... make a good wife.

It was too early to really think about those things yet anyway, it didn't really make sense. Then again a lot didn't make sense. A wandering mind doesn't normally make sense.

She waited.

Lt. Zachary Eastwood- Strategic Ops Officer :: SPCO Shi'Ron-Intelligence Attché /Star Trek: Andromeda
Lt. Talen Suprak-Chief Medical Officer/ USS Exeter :: Lt. JG Jacob DeHirsch-Chief Tactical Officer/ USS Noralus :: Lt. David 'Brad' McIntyre III-Chief Engineer / Star Trek: Project Origin
Lt. JG Dr. Paula White-Xenobiologist/ USS Cadecus MASH
Guild Leader-- Torchwood: United Front

Torchwood: United Front Needs You!

---
You are receiving this email because you signed up to a mailing list at www sb254 com Please visit our website and visit FSF keyword 'subscriptions' to unsubscribe to this email list.
Dalchron

PreviousNext

Return to In-Character Posts