Erit----- Dire Disorder

The USS Cadecus is a hospital cruiser or floating MASH unit capable of deploying to whatever area needs her services. We would be capable of carrying medical supplies to distant colonies, run a combat support hospital under fire, while at the same time running field triage units on the ground. Disaster relief would also be under our purview. Formerly operated as a Guild in coordination with the Medical & Science Guild.

Postby FSF Sorveck » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:45 pm

Sorveck sat in his ready room sipping his spice tea and going reports on the virus. As he finished his tea he noticed that he was getting a communique. He tapped the control on his screen and opened the text file.

He bgan to examine in great detail and found alot of new information, incliding a new timeline and more symptoms.

+TAPS+ "Captain to Dr MacArdry. Doctor please report to my ready room."

<MacArdry>
Lt Sorveck CENG USS Vastitude / Capt Sorveck CO USS Cadecus/
Lt Josh Andrews Helm USS Galtuch/ LnCpt Nathan Andrews XO DS10/ Cmdr Nathan Andrews XO USS Spiritus/Nooth SB Adelphi

With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden,
the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.~~~~~~ Capt Picard "Drumhead"
FSF Sorveck
FSF Host (Retired)

Arriving on Board

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:26 pm

Larinda setteled into her quarters now that she had reported on board. Once everything was where she wanted it, she headed for Sickbay to report in to the CMO. She just hoped he or she wasn't going to be upset about her tendency to go more with her Native American medicine more than Starfleet.

She adjusted the medicine pouch around her neck and headed off to Sickbay.

Tag DAIR
LT Cdr L Starkiller Sciences USS Independence
LT Jasmine Kitona Security USS Deliverance
Maryse McDonald Torchwood United Front
Larinda Starkiller

Postby Vardis Kree » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:44 pm

Dreia heard a beep from her padd and looked at it, It was a notice that a new AMO had come aboard. With a smile at her husband she forwarded the message to Lt Cummings with instructions to have the AMO report to the Lt. She also forwarded orders for the AMO to assume ACMO duties, since the CMO had his sister, Bevin, Had been called home for a family emergency.

Dreia put the Padd away and turned to her husband, to continue their discussion.
LtCmdr Dreia Frej, CENG: USS Stargazer (SFOL); LtJG. Alexi Michelle, MCO, USS Deliverance; Lt. Vardis Kree , Maintenance Lead, Paragon; Ens. T'San, Helm, ISS Tyranny; LtCdr Sineade Darnell, ACENG, USS Phoenix; LtCdr Margarite Gomez, CMO, Project Origin; Ens. D'Nara LeTral, Helm, USS Providence
Visit my Blog : Blog from Another Morse.
Vardis Kree
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:23 pm

Mia was on the Bridge when she got saw the message from The XO. She nodded to herself and commed the New Medical Officer.
+taps+ Bridge to Ens Starkiller, please report to the Bridge.

<Tag Starkiller>
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Erit-----Dire Disorder

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:56 pm

Larinda was in the turbolift when she heard the command. She tapped her combadge =^="Ensign Starkiller, on my way."=^=

She told the lift to change direction and she felt the slight deceleration as it did. The lift stopped and she exited onto the bridge. She recognized the XO from her description and walked over.

"Ensign Starkiller reporting as ordered, sir."

Tag Mia
Larinda Starkiller

Postby Mia Cummings » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:49 pm

Mia smiled to the new AMO, "I am Lt Mia Cummings CSEC, and current officer of the bridge. I know you were expecting our XO but she is otherwise detained at the moment." Mia held out her hand to the new crew member.

After shaking hands Mia sat back in the center chair, "Commander Frej as aked me to inform you of a few things, Namely that you will be filling in as acting Chief Medical officer for a while." Mia looked at a PADD in her hand. "You will take over the training of the medical Cadets and the study of the Virus. I have made sure that you have access to all necessary files and areas of the labs." She looked up at Larinda, and smiled, "Any Questions , Ensign?"

<Tag Starkiller>
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Erit-----Dire Disorder

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:39 pm

Larinda was slightly taken aback and then smiled as she took the offered hand. "Sorry for the mistake Ma'am." Then, her brow furrowed. "Did I understand you to say that I'm acting Chief Medicall Officer? May I ask what happened to Doctor MacArdy? I was looking forward to seeing him again."

Tag Mia
Larinda Starkiller

Postby Mia Cummings » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Mia smiled and held out the PADD. "Well apparently there was a family emergency seeing as Both MacArdry's Had to depart in a hurry. We are expecting them back within the week" She briefly thought of how quiet it had been since they had been gone. "In any case, until his return you are to fill in for him. I have compiled the list of Cadets that will be working with you and some background on each. You'll also find the necessary codes to access the Dr's duty logs." She glanced at the forward viewer for a second and then Back to Larinda, "We will be arriving soon, so I suggest you familiarize yourself with this on the way to Sick Bay. You'll have a lot to do in a short period of time. Pay careful attention to the history of this virus. It may not be an easy one to deal with. Make sure that your cadets follow all the proper protocols for protection." Mia thought for a moment, "I think that about covers it, Good luck, Ensign, you have a very difficult task before you."

<Tag Starkiller>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Erit-----Dire Disorder

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:20 pm

Larinda took the PADD and then back at Mia, smiling ruefully. "it's a good thing I'm already here, especially with Dair's sister being assifned aboard as well. She loves practical jokes." She then looked at the PADD again. Her brow furrowed, "I see what you mean, Ma'am. I'll get started immediately, thank you."

She turned and headed for the turbolift, studying the PADD and realizing this was going to be difficult but, not totally impossible, especially when Dair got back to help. She just hoped he'd not be upset about her looking over his logs.

Tag Dair (whenever you return)
Larinda Starkiller

Erit-----Dire Disorder

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:27 pm

Larinda took the PADD and then looked up at Mia, smile ruefully.

"Dair AND his sister are assigned here? I knoew about him but, her as well, huh? She does love her practical jokes." She then scrutinized the Padd. "I see what you mean, Ma'am. I'll get right on this and thank you for the confidence you've placed in me, I hope I justify that trust."

She turned and headed into the turbolift, studying that PADD as she descended to Sickbay. Once she arrived, she continued studying the information and sent out a general summons to the Medical Staff for a meeting at 1900 hours.

She then turned to the computer hoping Dair wouldn't be angry at here for looking at his logs.

Tag Mia and Dair(whenever you arrive)
Larinda Starkiller

Postby Mia Cummings » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:29 pm

Mia smiled. "I know you will do a good job, Ensign." She leaned forward as Larinda walked away and started to rethink her investigation. She had thought that Dair was the culprit in the Pranks, she had also been wary of Bevin. And Bevin's whereabouts were unknown for that period of time. It was quite possible that she was the one responsible.

Mia sat back and thought to herself, "The MacArdry's are going to be under a microscope when they return. And I think I'll find something to keep the Cadets busy. Security drills... that will keep her from having time for jokes. And if they continue..." she smiled a bit as she spoke aloud "Then I'll know!"

<Tag Anyone on the Bridge>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Sorveck » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm

Sorveck finished reading all the reports from various departments. His console beeped as he was getting ready to stand up from his desk. He opened the message and read it. It was from Starfleet command giving their aauthorization to break the warp 5 limit in this special case. He closed the message and left his ready room .

He walked out onto the bridge and saw Mia in the command chair. He walked over to hear.

"Report Lt."

<Mia>

"Very well please take your station" He sat down and looked at the Helm officer. "Lt please increase our speed to warp 9. AAnd give an eta."

"With the new speed we will reach our destination in 10 minutes."

"Very well drop out of warp as soon as we enter the system, please keep us at the in orbit around the second planet." Once the Lt replied he tapped his combadge.

+TAPS+ "Bridge to Engineering. Lt T'Vis we will be in the Erit sector in ten minutes, please have all your enhancements online by then."

<T'Vis>

+TAPS+ "Bridge to Sickbay. Dr Starkiller we will be arriving in ten minutes please become acquanted with the disease and be prepared for an away mission."

<StarKiller>

+TAPS+ "Sorveck to Cmdr Gonzalez. Cmdr since our CSCI is currently incapacitated I would like you take the sample of the virus that we beam aboard and begin studying it in pne of the science labs."

<Gonzalez, D>

He then looked at Mia, "Lt Once we are in range of the second planet I want you and Dr Starkiller to take a shuttle over to the third planet and beam up one of the deceased to begin studies. You will be halfway between our ship and the planet. Get the doctor to fit you both with the right bio suits."

<Mia>

<T'Vis,Dreia,Starkiller, Mia.>
Lt Josh Andrews Helm USS Galtuch/ LnCpt Nathan Andrews XO DS10/ Cmdr Nathan Andrews XO USS Spiritus/Nooth SB Adelphi

With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden,
the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.~~~~~~ Capt Picard "Drumhead"
FSF Sorveck
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:07 pm

[quote]+TAPS+ "Bridge to Sickbay. Dr Starkiller we will be arriving in ten minutes please become acquanted with the disease and be prepared for an away mission."

Larinda heard the Captain's orders and leaned back in her chair in Sickbay with a sigh. +TAPS+ "Captain, Acting CMO Starkiller here. I...have a slight problem. I haven't been able to find Dr. MacArdry's logs on the virus, even with the code LT. Cummings gave me. I'm afraid I need more time to study this. I apologize for this but, Dair can be so bloody secretive at times!"

She waited, with some trepediation for the Captain's response.

TAG Captain Sorveck
Larinda Starkiller

Postby FSF Sorveck » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:24 pm

Captain, Acting CMO Starkiller here. I...have a slight problem. I haven't been able to find Dr. MacArdry's logs on the virus, even with the code LT. Cummings gave me. I'm afraid I need more time to study this. I apologize for this but, Dair can be so bloody secretive at times!"

Sorveck tapped his combadge. "Unfortunately time is one thing we don't have a surplus of. I will send you all of the info I have on the virus and Lt Cummings will brief you on the way." He opened a menu on the command chair and sent a file on the virus to the doctor.

<Mia,Starkiler>

FSF Sorveck
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby Mia Cummings » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:39 pm

Mia looked up as the door to the Ready Room opened and Captain Sorveck walked onto the bridge. She immediately stood and moved aside from the Command chair.

Captain Sorveck wrote: "Report Lt."

She stood with her hads behind her back and said, "The AMO has been informed that she will be taking on CMO duties, I have given her all the information I had available to assist., All Stations are reporting all's well. Maintaining course and speed as ordered, Sir."

He acknowledged her report and she moved back over to the SEC/TAC console. She stood by as he ordered the increase and the new ETA.

She knew it was going to be a rough mission. There were too many variables that just weren't know. She was just about to turn to her console when Sorveck looked over at her.

Cpt Sorveck wrote:"Lt Once we are in range of the second planet I want you and Dr Starkiller to take a shuttle over to the third planet and beam up one of the deceased to begin studies. You will be halfway between our ship and the planet. Get the doctor to fit you both with the right bio suits."

She shuddered a bit. She knew that meant she'd most likely be helping the Doctor perform an autopsy. No matter how many times she'd seen them it still made her skin crawl. "Aye Sir" was all she said as she headed to the TL

Mia made her way down to SB. Entering the room she looked for the Doctor she had just met. "Dr Starkiller, You and I need to be fitted with bio-suits." She called out, " You and I are going on a little shuttle ride."

<Tag Starkiller>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Erit-----Dire Disorder

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:10 pm

Larinda looked up. At the mention of Bio-suits she groaned. She hated those things but, work was work so, she pulled out two and looked over at Mia.

"This one should fit you. Let's get this over with. I looked over everything and this virus looks like it could be tricky. So, the Captain wants us to pick up a dead body? Ok, can you assist me in doing the autopsy?"

As she waited for the reply, Mia heard Larinda mutter, "I'll be so glad when Dair gets back here!"

Tag Mia
Larinda Starkiller

Postby Vardis Kree » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:49 pm

Dreia was enjoying her time with her husband. They were having a quiet meal together when she heard her com and paused, her fork midway between the Plate and her mouth.

Sorveck wrote: "Sorveck to Cmdr Gonzalez. Cmdr since our CSCI is currently incapacitated I would like you take the sample of the virus that we beam aboard and begin studying it in one of the science labs."

She lowered her fork and looked at Jason. She did not like the thought of dealing with this virus. The last time she had something in the LAB things had not gone so well. She shuddered as she recalled the BORG who had escaped and come after them.

+Sorveck+ "Cdr Gonzalez here, Acknowledged Captain. Driea Out."

She looked up at her husband, "I guess I need to get to the labs, I have no idea when I'll be abe to see you again, my love." She stood up and went over to him, "I Love you, dear" She said as she kissed his cheek and gave him a quick hug.

With that she was on her way to set up a secure and sterile Lab in which to study the virus.

<Tag Jason>
LtCmdr Dreia Frej, CENG: USS Stargazer (SFOL); LtJG. Alexi Michelle, MCO, USS Deliverance; Lt. Vardis Kree , Maintenance Lead, Paragon; Ens. T'San, Helm, ISS Tyranny; LtCdr Sineade Darnell, ACENG, USS Phoenix; LtCdr Margarite Gomez, CMO, Project Origin; Ens. D'Nara LeTral, Helm, USS Providence
Visit my Blog : Blog from Another Morse.
Vardis Kree
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:23 pm

Mia took the suit and started to get into it as the Dr Spoke.

Starkiller wrote:"This one should fit you. Let's get this over with. I looked over everything and this virus looks like it could be tricky. So, the Captain wants us to pick up a dead body? Ok, can you assist me in doing the autopsy?"

As she waited for the reply, Mia heard Larinda mutter, "I'll be so glad when Dair gets back here!"

Mia glanced up at the Dr and muttered back, "you and me both!" She finally got into the suit and frowned. "I really do hate these things. " Looking up she said, "We better move, I have to get the shuttle ready for Launch. Have them beam over whatever you think you are going to need." Checking the seals on the suit, she continued,"While I hate the thought of doing an autopsy, I'll be the only one there to assist. I am not a medic, just keep that in mind." She started to walk towards the sick bay door, "we don't have a lot of time. We are those peoples last hope."

<Tag Starkiller>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Erit-----Dire Disorder

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:40 pm

Larinda looked back at thr Lt and grinned.
"I'd feel a LOT better if Dair was here but, since he isn't, We'll have to do our best. We won't need much. I've already had everything that we will be needing beamed on board the shuttle. All that's left is the two of us so," She turned and looked at Mia. "Ready to save another world?"

<TAG> Mia Cummings
Larinda Starkiller

Postby Mia Cummings » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Mia nodded unconfortably inside the biosuit. "Let's pray we have time to save them." She turned and walked out of the Sick bay and headed for the Shuttle bay.

"Once we beam the cadaver onto the shuttle, we are pretty much on our own. I don't think we can risk returning to the CAD until we know how this Virus works." She said as they rode the TL down, "I have no idea if our preventative measures will even protect us. Dair was supposed to come up with the protocols for that." She shook her head wondering if this was her last time to see the ship she had started to think of as home.

They approached the shuttle and Mia glanced back at Larinda. "Well, this will be home for us for a while," she said, "let's get this party started."

< Tag Larinda>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

PreviousNext

Return to In-Character Posts