Erit----- Dire Disorder

The USS Cadecus is a hospital cruiser or floating MASH unit capable of deploying to whatever area needs her services. We would be capable of carrying medical supplies to distant colonies, run a combat support hospital under fire, while at the same time running field triage units on the ground. Disaster relief would also be under our purview. Formerly operated as a Guild in coordination with the Medical & Science Guild.

Postby FSF Sorveck » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Sorveck had made it into the ready room and sat down behind the desk. As soon as he placed his head on the headrest he was contacted by the OPS.

"Sir incoming message from Vulcan."

"Put it through Ensign."

He looked at the screen as the face of his father appeared. " It is most unusaul for you to be on Vulcan father you usually keep to Kronos. I take it there is something wrong with my mother."

The old klingon shook his head, "No it is not your mother. It's Anial.SHe's appears to be suffering from early onset Bendii Syndrome. The doctors do not expect her get any better and she wants to see you before it's to late."

Sorveck sat stunned, "I, ... I cannot we are in the middle of a mission and it would be irresponsible to leave a such a time."

"This is your wife son, forget you damned Vulcan sensibilities and comeback before it is to late. You'll never forgive your self if you don't see her before she dies."

"She knows that my crew needs me and as for past mistakes you are not the prime candidate to be lecturing me ."

"Too true, and I might be wrong about what you can handle. But do you think Lali could forgive for not being here."

"Lali is there?"

"Yes her and T'trel are both here."

Sorveck thought for a moment then loked at his father,"Very well I will leave immediately." He closed the channel and reached up to his collar. One by one he took off his pips and placed them on the desk in front of him. He picked up a PADD and wrote a leter of resignation, then another leter of reccomendation for CDR Gonzalez to ake over as captain. He placed his pips on the PADD and headed out of the ready room. Helloked around the bridge and noticed that the crew was working diligently and he decided not to disturb them.

He enered the lift and headed to the shuttle bay. ONce he arrived he located a shuttle. He entered it then piloted it out of the bay. HE watched as the Cadecus grew smaller as he got farther away. He knew the crew was on the verge of their potential and he was a sorry he would not be able to be heir as they realized it.
Lt Sorveck CENG USS Vastitude / Capt Sorveck CO USS Cadecus/
Lt Josh Andrews Helm USS Galtuch/ LnCpt Nathan Andrews XO DS10/ Cmdr Nathan Andrews XO USS Spiritus/Nooth SB Adelphi

With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden,
the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.~~~~~~ Capt Picard "Drumhead"
FSF Sorveck
FSF Host (Retired)

Erit-----Dire Disorder

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:22 pm

Larinda looked around and saw that Mia was awake.  She walked over to her and handed her a small cup of water.  She was still in her biosuit and looked like it.

She looked down at the Lt.  "You feeling better, Lt?"

Tag Mia
Larinda Starkiller

Postby FSF Esrom » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:05 pm

Dreia was in the middle of working on setting up the treatment facilities when she got a Priority incoming message from SFHQ. For a moment she wondered why it would be coming to her in stead of the Captain, but she went to the terminal and Brought up the Screen. The Image of an admiral appeared. "Sir, How can I help you, we are a bit busy here."

<Tag Admiral>
FSF ESROM
GM: ISS TYRANNY * USS Cadecus/USS Stagazer SFOL * USS Phoenix
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Josh » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:43 pm

OOC: Guest Admiral now posting. ;)

IC:

Admiral Ellis looked at the active viewscreen. "Commander," he began. "I'm sure you have your hands full. As such, this may not be the best time to contact you, but it needed to be done."

Pressing a few buttons, he sent a text message to the Commander's console. "I've received a message from Captain Sorveck. It seems he's had to take an emergency leave from his assignment... and has resigned."

The Admiral waited to see what the first officer's response would be like before proceeding.

(Tag Esrom)
Detective Jonathan Smith -- Torchwood: United Front
FSF Communication Director
FSF IRCop / Net Admin
Former Delta Fleet CO
Previous Notable Characters:
Fleet Captain Gregory Talus
--CO USS Providence (Sim Retired, The Story Continues...)
Personal: Site | Twitter
FSF Josh
FSF Host (OO*)

Postby FSF Esrom » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:03 pm

Dreia looked at the Admiral in shock.

"Admiral Ellis, I don't understand. When did this happen? What do you mean he resigned? We are so close to finding the cure.. "

She shook her head in disbelief.

"Forgive me Sir, This is just such a shock to me. What happens Now?"

<Tag Adm Ellis>
FSF ESROM
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Josh » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:14 pm

"This happened not long ago," the Admiral said in a very plain voice. "While I was surprised by it, the Captain already has left. Apparently it was some kind of personal matter. While I will not go into details about that, I will go into some other detail."

The Admiral looked down at a monitor on his desk. He paused for a few moments, reading some of what was there before speaking aloud: "You have a decent record, Commander. Given the situation, I hereby am granting you the field commission of Captain and giving you command of the Cadecus. I know it's quite sudden, but it is better to deal with this now in this manner, so that your ship may continue to function. Once your current mission is complete, then we can re-evaluate the command structure of the Cadecus."

Looking up from the monitor, the Admiral seemed to catch eye contact with the former first officer. "Understood, Captain?"

(Tag Esrom)
FSF IRCop / Net Admin
Former Delta Fleet CO
FSF Josh
FSF Host (OO*)

Postby FSF Esrom » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:32 pm

Dreia nodded solemnly at the screen.

"Aye Sir, I understand Admiral. "

The shock of Sorveck's departure and her temporary promotion and command were evident on her face.

"Sir I'd like to request that, when we do find the cure, a communique be sent to Capt..erm Mr Sorveck. I am certain he will want to know his work here was not in vain."

She would abide by the Admiral's decision, whatever that may be. She wondered about what would have caused Sorveck to give up his commission and knew it had to be important. She just hoped that she would be able to give him the good news.

<Tag Ellis>
FSF ESROM
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Josh » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am

The Admiral nodded. "Of course. He said that he can still receive messages. Unfortunately, at the moment, he has other, more important matters to attend to."

He was about to sign off when he remembered one last thing. "Once you are completed with your task, and after passing on anything you wish to Mister Sorveck, do feel free contact me as well. We'll discuss the ship's command structure at that time. Ellis out."

With that, he ended the conversation. If there was more to say, it'd be said later.

(Tag Esrom)
FSF IRCop / Net Admin
Former Delta Fleet CO
FSF Josh
FSF Host (OO*)

Postby FSF Esrom » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:01 am

Dreia sat a moment after Ellis had signed off. Finally she turned off the terminal and left the treatment area they were setting up and headed for the bridge. Stepping off the TL she walked straight to the ready room.

She stood for a moment and then saw the PADDs and the pips sitting on the desk. She walked over and lightly ran her fingers over Sorveck's pips. Whatever had happened had to have been serious. She gave a silent prayer that she would be able to carry on in his place.

She picked up the pips and went over to the replicator. She programmed a request. After a few moments a small, ornate wooden box appeared. She took the box and placed the pips inside it. Who Knows.. Maybe someday.. he'll return and these will be waiting for him when he did.

Then She replicated a new pip for her own uniform. Placing it on her collar as she sat at the Desk.
She had some work to do, but first she had to tell the crew.
Rising from the desk she went out to the Bridge. Looking at com station she said "Please ask all senior staff to report to the conference room." She turned and went into the conference room and stood behind the chair Sorveck had been a fixture in for almost as long as she had been on the ship.

<TAG ALL SENIOR OFFICERS >
FSF ESROM
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby Mia Cummings » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:10 pm

Mia felt a lot better. In fact the doctors were saying she would make a full recovery. She slid off the bio-bed, and except for a mild weakness everyone feels after an extended illness, she felt good. In fact she was feeling that it was great to be alive. "Dr Starkiller," She called out, "If it's alright, I'd like to head to the mess hall. I feel like I haven't eaten in days."

While she waited for the Dr to respond she heard the Call for all senior officers to report to the conference room. "Or how about you release me to go to that meeting." She said with a slight frown as her stomach growled in complaint.

<Tag Starkiller>
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Erit-----Dire Disorder

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:19 pm

Larinda turned when she heard Lt Cumming's and then she heard the intercom call.  She frowned slightly, "Lt, I can and will release you to go to the mess hall as you do need nourishment however, you can find out the susbtance of that meeting later.  I want you to eat and then go to your quarters and rest, Lt, no arguments.  That's Doctor's orders, Lt and I will not have an argument about it.  Mess Hall and your quarters, Lt.  Do I have your word, Lt?" 
Larinda Starkiller

Postby Mia Cummings » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:46 pm

Mia sighed, "Yes Dr, Food and rest." She slid off the biobed once more and made her way out of sick bay heading for the TL. she knew it would be so simple to take the lift to the bridge, but she also knew that Captain Sorveck would have her head if she did. Letting her shoulders droop a bit she took the lift to the mess deck and went to get something to eat.

Mia quickly got a small lite meal, figuring that would be best. She sat at a small table and ate. She only manages to finish half of her meal before she was full. She cleaned up and headed out for her quarters. At least that was what she had intended to do. When the door to the TL opened and she stepped in she wasn't alone.

<Tag Anyone>
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:27 am

Mia had had every intention of doing just as the Dr had ordered. But when she stepped onto the TL she found she was being hugged and everyone was asking how she was. It wasn't until the TL reached the bridge and she stepped off with the other that she realized she had never given her destination. She made her farewells and turned to get back on the TL but the doors shut and the Lift was whisked away before she could get on. It would take a few seconds for the lift to return.

As she stood there waiting she heard Commander Gonzalez call her name and she turned to see Dreia standing at the door to the ready room.

"Commander, I'm sorry, Dr Starkiller told me to get food and rest, I was on my to do just that but..."

<Tag Dreia>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Esrom » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:07 am

**STORY NOTE**
ALL SENIOR OFFICERS AND HIGH RANKING CIVILINS HAVE REPORTED TO THE BRIEFING ROOM

=IC=

"Lt Cummings, It good to see you up and about," Dreia called out as she saw the CSEC waiting to get back onto the TL, "Why don't you join me for a moment, relax and have a cup of tea."

Dreia guided Mia into the conference room. "Yes, Mia, I know you weren't supposed to be here, I received the Doctor's report, but since you are here and it really isn't something major..."

Dreia looked around at the assembled officers and began, "I am sure you have realized by now that Captain Sorveck is not here. It is with great sorrow that I must announce that the Captain has resigned his commission from Starfleet and returned home due to personal matters."

Dreia watched the faces of the officers, some showing surprise some just nodding in understanding.

"In accordance with regulations, I have been given a field promotion to Captain and have been given command of the Cadecus until Starfleet Command makes a final decision."

Dreia paused for a moment, "Now, for information on our current situation with this disease, I have some good news for all of us. I have received word from the Planet that the cure has been successful. They have sealed off the mine where the lifeform was disturbed, and have innoculated the entire population. Their water supply has been treated and there are no other signs of the virus. I wish to commend our Science and medical teams for their tireless effort to stop the spread of the Virus. And I would like to welcome Lt Cummings back. As you can see, she has also survived the virus and hopefully our doctors will release her for duty soon."

Driea took a moment to catch her breath, " Now that the danger is over.. we have been relieved of station and SF has issued orders for us to leave the area, Our new mission orders will be sent within a few hours, so everyone.. take this time to relax. You've all earned it. Dismissed!!"

*** AND THUS ENDS THE ERIT MISSION ****
FSF ESROM
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Erit----- Dire Disorder

Postby Dalchron » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:37 am

Lieutenant Commander Kehdar looked at Captain Esrom. He would, miss, the captain, they had been through a rough time trying to cure this ship and the planet of the plague, but he understood the need for a personal life. "Congratulations, Captain, I look forward to the next mission." He said to her as she dismissed everyone to relax. Yoshi shook her hand and started to leave the conference room to head back to the lab for a while, set everything back to rights and replicate the supplies needed to replenish his stores and inventory the stock of things he took samples of from the planet. "I'll have the Science labs mission ready in a few hours, Ma'am." He left the room and went about his business. This time it was for a new Captain.

LCDR Yoshimitsu Kehdar
CSCI
USS Cadecus
Dalchron

Postby Larinda Starkiller » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Larinda had finally dragged herself to her quarters and had shed the biosuit. As she stuffed it into the disposal, she hoped she'd never, ever have to use another in her lifetime.

After a hot shower, dinner and some rest, she began to wonder what had happened with Dair and Bevan. She had been working so hard she hadn't even noticed they had left Sickbay until she realized all questions were being directed at her.

She had wondered where the ACMO was but, did her job as best she could. She lay back on the sofa and closed her eyes. Maybe she could, finally, get some sleep before the ship's next mission. She really hoped so.
LT Cdr L Starkiller Sciences USS Independence
LT Jasmine Kitona Security USS Deliverance
Maryse McDonald Torchwood United Front
Larinda Starkiller

Previous

Return to In-Character Posts