Moments that make you feel alive

Need help with life's little issues? Ask the FSF community!

Moments that make you feel alive

Postby FSF Ignatius » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:22 am

Not really advice, per se, but still fun altogether. I had a meeting today with one of my favorite professors to discuss advice for applying and choosing graduate programs. Towards the end of our discussion, another professor, walked in with a guitar and threw it to Leever (the professor I was talking to) and together they proceeded to jam out and play Pancho and Lefty by Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard.

While watching I realized how beautiful life is. Sometimes random moments like that make you feel alive more than the daily comings and goings of life. So what are some of those moments you've had that really stuck with you?

P.S.

The song the professors played!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvdmxszsDM8[/youtube]
GM1 USS Stargazer
FSF Ignatius
FSF Host (*)

Re: Moments that make you feel alive

Postby FSF Meushell » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:13 am

Is is kind of sad that this topic hasn't been replied to yet?

Anyway, it may be a hard question to answer because there's not really a definition of feeling alive.

For instance, as silly as this sounds, I've heard the idea (and I don't remember if it was on tv or an actual person or what at this point) on the line of...
"It's cold."
"Yeah, but the cold makes you feel alive."

Now, I hate being cold, but sometimes, that little piece of advice pops up when I'm feeling cold, especially if I forgot my jacket or something.

Aside from being cold though, nature can beautiful. Many years ago while driving with my parents, there were some hills, and the way the sun hit them was just beautiful. Someone took a picture, but the picture just didn't do it justice. It's probably been at least 15 years. The picture is long gone. I have no idea where we were even going. I still remember those hills though.

Another time where we walked outside the house after it had rained, and there was a double rainbow in the sky, and even the start of a third rainbow. Until then, I didn't know that could even happen.
Stargate Command
Crystal WoodNalada & NikasAvrel & ValakDavet & LyzekTerrah & KeshetTerron & Yagmur
Shattered Universe - USS Firewall
Frida sh'NemesEi'tan th'Nemes
Shattered Universe - Ghost Rider
Elda Jarok
FSF Meushell
FSF Host (**)

Return to Advice