Mission 11: Arena Games

For all off-world gameplay of SG-2

Re: Mission 11: Arena Games

Postby Hotrod » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:09 am

"Honorable." Ron pondered for the first time the emotional roller-coaster. "What a Tok'ra must endure when changing hosts'. I can't even grasp the gravity, multiple lives in your lifespan."

ooc: Sorry major work load and i had the stomach flu
Sergeant Vincent McOrin United States Army, SGC Orion Team - Captain Ronald Gittis United States Army, Commanding Officer SG-2, SGC
Hotrod

Postby FSF Meushell » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:00 am

"It is," Nikas admitted. "The loss of a host and blending with a new one... Like part of you was ripped away and replaced with a jagged piece. It takes time to be truly blended. Many of us feel it's harder on the hosts. They are completely new to the experience, and our emotions can hit them hard."

(Sorry, thought I posted this. Then I realized I started it, but then saved it because I couldn't finish it then.)
Stargate Command
Crystal WoodNalada & NikasAvrel & ValakDavet & LyzekTerrah & KeshetTerron & Yagmur
Shattered Universe - USS Firewall
Frida sh'NemesEi'tan th'Nemes
Shattered Universe - Ghost Rider
Elda Jarok
FSF Meushell
FSF Host (**)

Postby Hotrod » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:51 am

ooc: lol naw its fine. im the one thats sorry, my posts aint been consistant. My seasonal work is usually 2 or 3 jobs so i been super busy.

Ron tried to picture suddenly being confronted with the thoughts, memories, and emotions, of many indeviduals. All in your brain. Yours, but not yours? "I'm sure," Ron agreed. He didn't really know what too say.

"I've been thinking on how to leave once we get that audience. Obviously talking would be best, but in case that's not possible-i'll bet wherever they have that meeting, there's a direct way out to somewhere other than here. SG-13 and 14 are fully recovered, thanks largely too you, thank you. After we find out where a gate is, make them get SGs' 13, and 14, and we all go home." he paused asking, "How much sedative do you have? The mechines won't zap it away...I don't think? Anyway, we might be able too use to make a quiet exit?"

ooc: we can still do the chit chat if you like up to you
Sergeant Vincent McOrin United States Army, SGC Orion Team - Captain Ronald Gittis United States Army, Commanding Officer SG-2, SGC
Hotrod

Postby FSF Meushell » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:42 pm

We escaping? Nalada, having just woke up, only caught bits of what was said.

Just discussing the possibility , Nikas replied.

Nalada gave a mental sigh in disappointment.

"Thanks to the naquadah, I can detect when I am near a stargate. Nothing, so far. I have enough sedative to take out a few people quickly. I can grab more. Since I am always helping others, no one suspects anything when I pick up more medicine."
Stargate Command
Crystal WoodNalada & NikasAvrel & ValakDavet & LyzekTerrah & KeshetTerron & Yagmur
Elda Jarok
FSF Meushell
FSF Host (**)

Postby Hotrod » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:52 am

"Good. I'll make sure everyone's briefed."

The sun was still rising as they waited for their gate to open. A man spoke too the crowd, setting the stage as it were. The few holes of light they had were dust choked. The air was stagnant and humid. Ron just finished putting on his armor: a open helm, chest plate, and shin high boots. Apparently even with a big match they still didn't get the good stuff.
Hotrod

Postby FSF Meushell » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Nikas frowned a bit as she discovered her armor was largely leather Roman style. It didn't offer nearly the same protection as her opponent.

"Really?" she asked one of the workers.

"The crowd likes it," was the answer. "You want the crowd to like you. They may, after all, decide your fate later. Life. Death. The crowds have been been known to demand freedom."

Nikas sighed as she put on her helmet. It didn't offer as much protection as others, but it didn't block part of her view either.

"You already have points against you," the worker continued, "due to what you are, and now you are going against a popular opponent. Your opponent isn't just going to try to kill you. He's going to try to rip you out and tear you in half in front of the crowd.

Nalada felt sick. I really don't want that to be the last thing either of us feels.

Nikas took some comfort in that Nalada would probably already be dead before it got that far. "Then aren't they going to be anger if I kill someone they like?"

"You'd think so, but the love of the crowd is fickle. Defeat him, and they'll turn to love you. It helps being a woman. The female fighters are often more popular, especially when they defeat men."
Stargate Command
Elda Jarok
FSF Meushell
FSF Host (**)

Postby Hotrod » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:11 am

The gates swung open, they were directed, along with their opposition, too the center. The crowd was enormous, all different types of aliens, Ron had no idea, and this was just a event. Ron saw that from even this the size of this crowd the population of the universe was more vast and varied than he'd imagined. The Colosseum looked like any other ancient one he'd studied, except this one had floating balconies. If Ronald hadn't been focused he would have marveled in aw at the very same environment that could be his end.

At the announcer's command he turned, facing upward, but instead of saluting them he pointed his swords, and shouted. In his usual gruff tone he told the ancient ones, "We are not convicts, or prize warriors. We are explorers, who want too meet new life, learn, and, trade." He gestured too their two opponents moving a sword, "But if provoked we will defend ourselves."

This may have caught their attention? If it did it was drowned and replaced, by what Ron perceived too be laughter by the rest of the audience.

"You see now why I'm a soldier, and not a politician?" Ronald asked rhetorically sarcastic."So?" he asked with a small measure of forced humor, "Big, ugly...Or...Less big, just as ugly?" As he waited for Nikas & Nalada too reply, he couldn't help but notice again the the poor condition. Should've kept my knife from the dinning hall, he thought with disgust.

ooc go ahead and kick us off if you like
Hotrod

Postby FSF Meushell » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Nalada looked around as they laughed. This is not a good start.

Maybe they'll learn to like us as being the funny ones, Nikas thought.

Then half the crowd started cheering for their opponents while the other half was chanting about killing the explorers.

You were saying? Nalada thought as she took position.

It seemed like she was standing there for a long time. The announcer was going on with flowery words to announce them. He tried to rise them up, but Ron and Nalada were booed. Nalada heard a few ugly words what announced what she was. Finally, the signal went off for the fight to begin.

Nalada looked at her opponent.

He laughed as he slowly approached, keeping a defensive posture. "You're not getting me, snake."

Nalada didn't move yet, watching to see where he put down his guard as he moved. He kept it solid. She realized she might have to try to attack his backside.

"Afraid to move?" he said as he came closer. "This is going to be too easy." He seemed disappointed as he swung his weapon.

Nalada jumped out of the way, and while rolling on the ground, she tried to hit him. He blocked, but she moved again before he could counterattack.
Stargate Command
Elda Jarok
FSF Meushell
FSF Host (**)

Postby Hotrod » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:13 am

Ron's attacker had better armor, but there were gaps. A one handed halberd, the rod had been cut down. In his opposite hand, a studded metal V-shaped shield. The man charged.

Their weapons' clanged loudly, both men spun about. The man swung his shield, and crossed over with his weapon.

Ron half spun avoiding the shield, then crossed his swords' too block the halberd. He almost lost his hand had he not let one of his swords go.

The man was very skilled. He knew what Ron was going too do, catching the edge, and riding his weapon down. He didn't expect Ron too let go however.

Ron pierced his arm, as the main's blow hit nothing but sand. He growled in pain, recoiling back too regroup. He dropped the shield, kicking it away. "Explorer? No one's wounded me like that for a very long time." He then picked up the weapon with his good arm.

Ronald grabbed his fallen sword saying, "I'm a officer in one of my planet's governments, it's part of my duties."
Hotrod

Postby FSF Meushell » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:33 pm

The man was pleased that Nalada did not seem to be as weak as he originally thought. He liked a good fight, but he was still confident that he would win.

Nalada could see his movements now. Her opponent was very heavily armored, but it slowed him down. Still, as big as he was and with the weight he was carrying, he was quicker than she had hoped he would be. She moved out of his range again, and attacked his back. She attacked a weak point on the back shoulder, piercing through the armor. Still, her lance didn't make it all the way through, and she had to pull away and dodge. She had to dodge him a few more times and get around again to attack the same point. This attack immobilized his right shoulder. He switched his sword to his left hand.
Stargate Command
Elda Jarok
FSF Meushell
FSF Host (**)

Postby Hotrod » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:38 am

Ron evaded several attacks. it was obvious the man was fatigued from blood lose. After he lost balance, Ron kneed him in the side of the head. Standing over him whith a foot on his back, weapons' at his enemy's neck. "Surrender," Ronald commanded

The man looked up surprised. "You would spare me?"

"Yes," Ron said.

"I do. The crowd may over turn your charity."

Ron circled behind their enemy, and caled to Nalada, "Just him now. Need assistance?" Ron wasen't about too step in unless needed, or asked.
Hotrod

Postby FSF Meushell » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:51 am

The man was surprising good with his left, but the suit wasn't made for it. It shielded his back shoulder in a way the right one had not been, but it also limited his mobility.

As the fight went on, the crowd was already changing sides. Her name grew louder, and there was a mighty cheer when Ron won.

"No," Nalada answered. In a normal situation, she wouldn't mind help. Even Nikas, with her ego, wouldn't have minded help in a fight. This wasn't normal though. As much as they hated it, the crowd had influence, and the crowd might not take too kindly to them if it turned to two on one, really three on one. Nalada had to show the crowd that she could do this on her own.

Her body began aching as the fight continued. Nikas had to concentrate more on keeping her speed up. One good hit from this guy, and the fight would be over. Slowly, she wore the man down.

Out of breath and unable to move, he signaled his defeat. Now it was time for the crowd to decide if he would die or not. He honestly didn't know which he'd prefer.

"I joined the arena..." he whispered when he found breath. "...because the Goa'uld killed my family. I had no one left. It seems only fitting that a snake would kill me." He closed his eyes. "If the crowd chooses to kill me, I ask that you let me die on my feet. I promise, no tricks. I just don't want to die in the dirt."

I believe his is telling the truth, Nikas thought.

Nalada nodded.

He struggled to get up, leaving his weapon on the floor. He took off his helmet. If he was granted life, he would walk out on his own, holding on to his pride. If he was granted death, he hoped his opponent was good enough that he'd die before hitting the ground. He suspected she was.
Stargate Command
Elda Jarok
FSF Meushell
FSF Host (**)

Postby Hotrod » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:41 am

ooc Sorry for my absence did you get my message on the orion board?

At her victory in their fight Ron raised Nalada's arm in triumph. She was not just a healer, but a warrior too. Ron hoped this experience gave her more confidence in herself.

At the command to kill the losers the crowd ecoed in chant.

Instead Ron staked both swords in the ground saying, "We are explorers, soldiers, not cold blooded killers! These men fought with courage and skill...Where's the honor in the slaughter such beings?!"

Suddenly the crowd over turned their captiors' verdict. The doors swung open for their exit. Ron helped his beaten man too his feet, and aided him walking.

"Nalada let's give these gentlemen a hand somewhere, hell anywhere else."

"Never have i seen that happen before." The man then thanked him for his mercy.

Ronald looked at Nalada saying, "Let's see if that pissed them off enough for a audience hmm?"
Hotrod

Postby FSF Meushell » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:45 am

(Welcome back. Yes, I did.)

Nalada barely registered Ron lifting her arm.

They are as bloodthirsty as the Goa'uld, Nikas thought.

Do we have to kill him? Sure, that was why they were there. At the start, she did not feel so hesitant. The man, after all, was trying to kill her. He was good man though.

Ron exclaimed his protest, and the audience surprised her. Nalada looked to her opponent, but he declined help. He moved slowly, but held his head pride.

I don't think he's entirely happy with what happened, Nikas thought.

Nalada was glad to get out of the arena.
Stargate Command
Elda Jarok
FSF Meushell
FSF Host (**)

Postby Hotrod » Sat May 16, 2015 3:11 am

Rinder And Alkeem were waiting. "Rich! So Veeerrry rich! And you get your audience. After the victory party tonight."

Alkeem gave them each a pouch of prize money. "The pair of you might be worth my effort...Maybe?"

Ron laughed. "Nalada that almost sounded like praise."

Rinder spoke again. "The rest of the day is yours, we'll retrieve you this evening."

ooc: sorry i have had a lot a stuff i know my posting has dropped
Hotrod

Postby FSF Meushell » Sun May 17, 2015 10:56 pm

Nalada's body felt drained. Nikas was concentrating more on healing now, and Nalada could definitely feel the difference. She gave a soft sigh as Rinder And Alkeem came to them so excited.

At least they are not angry that we spared them , Nikas thought.

"The rest of the day off," Nalada said after they left. "Now what?"
Stargate Command
Elda Jarok
FSF Meushell
FSF Host (**)

Previous

Return to Roleplay: SG-2 Off-World