24th centurey motor bike

Useful information & discussions for the Engineering & Operations departments that might help affect or improve your simming experience!

Postby Ramsay » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:53 pm

PICs WE WANT PICS!!!! Results we want Results!! :twisted:
Lt. Carson Irvine Walker US Army SG4, Stargate Command.
Staff Sergeant Maddison Howell USAF SG5, Stargate Command, Delta Fleet
Ramsay
Veteran Member

Postby The Writer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:35 am

...., I think I forgot about this 8O

..., thats not ok, is it?

Generally if I get a new computer game I usually throw my free time at it, so, I'm going to blame Epic for making Gears of War because thats the game in current play.

I should really get back to painting daily before I get too rusty to draw stick figures.
~Gabriel "The Writer" Logan
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby FSF Esrom » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:39 am

...., I think I forgot about this 8O

..., thats not ok, is it?

NO.. it is not....

::SMITES GABE:: We are waiting.. Back to work... :twisted:
FSF ESROM
GM: ISS TYRANNY * USS Cadecus/USS Stagazer SFOL * USS Phoenix
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby The Writer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:15 pm

You all saw that..., I've been smited

..., I don't think smited is a word.
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby FSF Sorveck » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:17 pm

I believe the correct past tense of the word smite is smote.

But smited sounds better
Lt Sorveck CENG USS Vastitude / Capt Sorveck CO USS Cadecus/
Lt Josh Andrews Helm USS Galtuch/ LnCpt Nathan Andrews XO DS10/ Cmdr Nathan Andrews XO USS Spiritus/Nooth SB Adelphi

With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden,
the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.~~~~~~ Capt Picard "Drumhead"
FSF Sorveck
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby Ramsay » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:15 pm

BIKE!!! where is the pics Dude!!
Ramsay
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Who » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:07 pm

I've been wondering that myself....We're all curious as to what the amazing Writer will draw for us.
FSF Who
FSF CoO || Space Fleet FCO || GM: Star Wars: Paragon || GM: Star Wars: Shadow Squadron
FSF Who
FSF Host (OO****)

Postby The Writer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:59 am

Lucky for you guys and gals I don't have any NEW PC Games to distract me, I'm not going to say that the old ones will or will not distract me :)

But, I will strive to get something to you by Saturday. Vehicles aren't really my thing, but, I'm trying to expand my portfolio.
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby FSF Esrom » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:06 pm

Well Gabe,
::Taps Foot, Arms folded across chest::

We're waiting...
FSF ESROM
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Bourne » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Its those damn compuer games.. :lol:
FSF Bourne

"Chance favors the prepared Mind" ~ Louis Pasteur
FSF Bourne
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby The Writer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Blame the folks at Bethesda and that damn Fallout 3.

..., now I got to play Fallout 1 and 2 in order to prepare myself for the 3rd.

Just haven't felt the feeling to draw and paint here recently. Usually that picks up if I get a new CD or something to listen to while I do my thing....,
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby FSF Esrom » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:59 pm

::shakes head:: then go get a CD and NOT a game!!
FSF ESROM
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby Ramsay » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:43 pm

damn it Even batman has a Bike with cannons and I am still waiting!!! Damn i knew I should have ordered from Wayne Enterprises !!! :evil:
Ramsay
Veteran Member

Postby The Writer » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:59 am

Ok, worked on it a bit last night, got some of the front done and a little bit of design on the back end..., again, not really good at vehicles just yet :) I've got your front two phaser emitters on a strip on the front wheel cover and front dash. Haven't really transposed an engine yet, because I feel that power would probably come from some sort of engine that is cleaner and probably holds no exhaust.

My question before I move into more, do you want the entire bike to be compartmented, meaning, the rider is actually inside the bike? I think it would add in protection. Also, I was thinking of actually having inside compartments on the bike for weapon storage and what not on an ejection system so that riders can pull rifles and other weapons out of the compartment without even having to get off the bike, kind of like what Cloud Strife does in FF Advent with his swords, maybe not as extravagant.

The design I'm kind of borrowing from Akira's bike, the Fenir Design, that low riding bike, but I would actually like to design some sort of aerodynamic change to where the bike sets up for subsonic speeds...,
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby Ramsay » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:07 pm

hmmm i thought about a cockpit bike but weight becomes an issue as does dangers if say the rider needs to ditch because they are about to go off a cliff , weapon & equipment storage is a good idea as for an engine there are versus options recently some one pointed out a concept bike that housed two engines one each inside the tires using this as a base the Body of the bike could be a power source/ avionics like compartment. and although I love speed! turning and control are needed.
Ramsay
Veteran Member

Postby The Writer » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Ramsay wrote:hmmm i thought about a cockpit bike but weight becomes an issue as does dangers if say the rider needs to ditch because they are about to go off a cliff , weapon & equipment storage is a good idea as for an engine there are versus options recently some one pointed out a concept bike that housed two engines one each inside the tires using this as a base the Body of the bike could be a power source/ avionics like compartment. and although I love speed! turning and control are needed.

Well, if turning and control is your need, there might be a discrepancy in the design of a long Akira like bike because those were built for speed really. We could go the Batman route and have the wheels super big that way when turning you could turn sharper on an elongated body, plus have them on an axis spin :lol:, but I don't want to blatantly rip off someone so, I'm thinking a hinged frame at the forks so that the bike elongates when speed is needed or shortens when maneuverability is required.

The basic premise of the bike I had envisioned is what you stated on the engine compartments, actually have them in the wheels rather than on the frame, that way you have more room for the power plant, so I'm glad we are on the same wavelength there.

I'm going to try my damnedest to get this think at least sketched up so that I can get you patient (sarcasm) guys and gals something for at least tomorrow, I have planned to start in after I get home.
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby Ramsay » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:41 pm

in the end we want to try and end up with a compromise and I love speed but don't make it too fast after all it sucks if it has to be lifted and turned in a new direction be cause it's cant do any thing but slam the rider a wall at mach speed.... that kinda leaves a stain that's tough to explain to the locals....
Ramsay
Veteran Member

Postby The Writer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:04 am

Here you are, my first bike. I painted it to give it depth, but didn't add any color, just depth.
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby FSF Who » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:45 pm

Assuming that's from the front... how does that thing turn? The length in the front would probably help with stability at fast speeds but would seem to decrease it's cornering capabilities.
FSF Who
FSF CoO || Space Fleet FCO || GM: Star Wars: Paragon || GM: Star Wars: Shadow Squadron
FSF Who
FSF Host (OO****)

Postby The Writer » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:47 am

The front forks pivot not only side to side, but back and forward, so, the rider could shorten the length of the bike's front when needing maneuverability, or pivot from side to side in rough terrain. This particular picture is the bike's formation in the fast mode, it can shorten to the length of the front dash for added maneuverability making the bike's length shorter.
The Writer
Post Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Depts - Eng & Ops