I need graphical SPECS.....

Useful information & discussions for the Engineering & Operations departments that might help affect or improve your simming experience!

I need graphical SPECS.....

Postby FSF Esrom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:39 pm

I need some ships graphics for Insignia and Promethiuss class ships..
not just deck layout blueprints...

any suggestions?
FSF ESROM
GM: ISS TYRANNY * USS Cadecus/USS Stagazer SFOL * USS Phoenix
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Bri » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:54 pm

What kind of graphics? Pictures of the actual ships themselves or some kind of schematic?
Captain Sorjei ch'Thalev, Commanding Officer, USS Akira-C Image
Commodore Brian O'Neil, Director, Special Projects Image
Epsilon Fleet Executive Officer; Awards Director
"You assume I give a damn. That's cute" - Commander Shepard, Mass Effect
"I have faith in nothing but this - when the universe collapses and dies, there will be three survivors - Tyr Anasazi, the cockroaches, and Dylan Hunt, trying to save the cockroaches." - Tyr Anasazi
FSF Bri
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby Mia Cummings » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:46 am

A little of both.. I would suspect ...I only have pics of the outside of the ships but I am sure there are graphics available for the inside as well
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Bri » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:53 am

Those are a lot rarer, high quality at least. I've seen a few ship interiors floating around but not many. The problem with the Insignia is that it's not canon so there has been nothing ever really shown that would give it a basis to go off of. The prometheus is different since just about all of it has been seen inside and out, and there are detailed interior art of the parts that weren't seen.

I'll look around, see what I can find. I did write up some actual specs on an Insignia and still have them if you want them. Since it's a non-canon ship, there's a lot of freedom obviously, but getting to carried away eliminates a lot of the emmersion into the universe.
"I have faith in nothing but this - when the universe collapses and dies, there will be three survivors - Tyr Anasazi, the cockroaches, and Dylan Hunt, trying to save the cockroaches." - Tyr Anasazi
FSF Bri
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby Vardis Kree » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:53 am

Hey All.. Still looking for these!!

We have specs for the USS EXETER... on our Forum threads.. I am trying to come up with some graphics to go along with that for the Insignia.. would like to add them to the website I am in the process of building.

From my understanding the Prommie and the Insignia are very similar Although I would have to assume there are also some Major differences.
LtCmdr Dreia Frej, CENG: USS Stargazer (SFOL); LtJG. Alexi Michelle, MCO, USS Deliverance; Lt. Vardis Kree , Maintenance Lead, Paragon; Ens. T'San, Helm, ISS Tyranny; LtCdr Sineade Darnell, ACENG, USS Phoenix; LtCdr Margarite Gomez, CMO, Project Origin; Ens. D'Nara LeTral, Helm, USS Providence
Visit my Blog : Blog from Another Morse.
Vardis Kree
Veteran Member

Postby FSF Bri » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:02 pm

Yeah, obviously the Prommie has the MVAM and a 2 stage warp core because of it. The Insignia is mostly one ship apart from the modular-ejectable cargo/mission pods for it's saucer section.

There are actually several images of it around, is that all you need, just the 3D pictures of it?
FSF Bri
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Esrom » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:16 am

Yes, for the most part. I'd like to get some good shots of both interior and exterior (if available) or could someone point me in the direction of a good program I can use to create my own.
FSF ESROM
GM: ISS TYRANNY * USS Cadecus/USS Stagazer SFOL * USS Phoenix
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Bri » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:54 pm

Well there are a ton of programs that can create those images, but they all require a good deal of graphics knowledge, and usually come with a pretty large pricetag. Easiest way I've found is to look around the web for anything I need. I'll look up some pics for you though.
FSF Bri
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby FSF Who » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am

Check out scifi-meshes.com I used to go there all the time for stuff, it'll be good for exterior stuff, not necisserily interior.

Also check out the program Blender, a lot of people have expressed their enjoyment of the program, and last I knew it was 100% free.

Also for prometheus stuff, try looking at http://www.uss-endeavour.com/

Her final incarnation was as a prometheus class vessel, of course make sure you get permission before using any pictures and such you find at any of these locations.
FSF Who
FSF CoO || Space Fleet FCO || GM: Star Wars: Paragon || GM: Star Wars: Shadow Squadron
FSF Who
FSF Host (OO****)

Return to Depts - Eng & Ops