GUILD WIDE SIM USS Cadecus!!!

Useful information & discussions for the Medical and Science departments that might help affect or improve your simming experience!

What does everyone think about a MED/Sci Guild Sim?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:25 am

Cool Count me in!!!
67%
Count me out!!!
No votes
Sounds cool Can I make Guest appearances??
33%
Sounds cool but I am way too busy with my other sims.
No votes

Total votes : 6

GUILD WIDE SIM USS Cadecus!!!

Postby Dalchron » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:25 am

Ok Here's the skinny. I want to start an IN GUILD Sim. This is not a mandatory thing. I would LOVE to have a bunch of people participating in this and it will still be a couple of weeks til I get her written up....

But Here is the basics...

USS Cadecus(SP) is a Medical Frigate... A Starfleet Mash unit specializing in Combat medicine. We would need people to crew her. A bridge crew that would also be Docs and Scientists, a complete Trauma team, and others. Post what you want to be... Within FSF Guidlines. I would be hosting this as a mail string(PBEM) sim ran through our Mailstring.

Does everyone want to play in something like this? Please post your thoughts and Create Characters IN THIS FORUM only. Please do not create them in the AMS.

Now I told FSF Truce that this would be a training sim for all those that feel they need it. It is also a way for us to get our post count up and take a community award for the guild.
Major Berkitta "Kit" Idalla
MCO
USS Magistrate
Dalchron

Postby Sorveck » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:06 pm

this sounds way cool
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden,
the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.~~~~~~ Capt Picard "Drumhead"
Sorveck
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby Dalchron » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:47 pm

Ok Folks I am going to assume that everyone thinks the idea of a guild Level Sim is a GREAT idea(And since I came up with it, it is). As such, I am sending a proposal to be allowed to run this sim internal to the guild. I will let you know what I am told as it comes back from FSF Command.
MCO
USS Magistrate
Dalchron

Proposal to the FSF Command on the USS Cadecus Guild Sim

Postby Dalchron » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:48 pm

Below is a copy of the proposal I sent to FSF Truce and Admiral Shuni this afternoon. As soon as I know something, I will let you know.

Dear Sirs,

I am the Guild leader of the FSF's Medical/Science Guild. As such, I would like to take the time to ask that you allow me to design and run a Guild Simulation for the purpose of training personnel that are interested in learning more of how to play a doctor or science officer in the FSF. I also believe that this would be away to increase guild participation by allowing those that are more comfortable posting to a game whgere they know that their actions dictate a certain direction for all, and are not very comfortable posting their thoughts to a guild setting where it is, in effect random. Here is my proposal.

USS Cadecus

The USS Cadecus is a hospital cruiser or floating MASH unit capable of deploying to whatever area needs her services. We would be capable of carrying medical supplies to distant colonies, run a combat support hospital under fire, while at the same time running field triage units on the ground. Disaster relief would also be under our purview.
I have thought that the ship could be a variant of the Galaxy class outfitted for our purposes, more medical bays, labs and Special modules that could be done as a plug and play type. Below are the specs for the Galaxy Class Starship:

Type : Explorer / Heavy Cruiser - basic
Commissioned : 2362 - present
Dimensions : Length : 641 m
Beam : 470 m
Height : 145 m
Decks : 42
Mass : 4,960,000 metric tons
Crew : 1,014, 15,000 person evacuation limit.
Armament : 12 x Type X phaser arrays 15, total output 50,000 TeraWatts
2 x Type 3 burst fire photon torpedo tube with 250 rounds
Defence Systems : High capacity shield system, total capacity 2,700,000 TeraJoules
Standard Duranium/Tritanium Double hull plus 9 cm High density armour.
Standard level Structural Integrity Field
Warp Speeds(TNG scale) : Normal Cruise : 6
Maximum Cruise : 9.2
Maximum Rated : 9.6 for 12 hours.
Strength Indices :(Galaxy class = 1,000)
Beam Firepower : 1,000
Torpedo Firepower : 1,000
Weapon Range and Accuracy : 1,000
Shield Strength : 1,000
Hull Armour : 1,000
Speed : 1,000
Diplomatic Capability : 7
Expected Hull Life : 100
Refit Cycle :
Minor : 1 year
Standard : 1 years
Major : 20 years

Combat Manoeuvrability : 1,000
In addition we would have double the Cargo capacity to allow for Triage and exra medical bays for extreme conditions.
NOTE: Even though this is a Medical Ship, we would still have to be more than capable of defending ourselves. Although we can always out run the enemies if necessary.

Please look at the ship Beverly Crusher commanded in the Future scenes of 'All Good Things...' (TNG Finale)

In the future we would also be able to go cross genre, to include missions where we would be the newest starsip of the SGC, or a new republic cruiser taking on the remnants on the Evil Galactic Empire.

I will want to use this as a Message board Mail string type of sim or open a new forum on the boards for this.

Please let me know if you need anymore information on this, as I will be happy to accomodate you.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,
MCO
USS Magistrate
Dalchron

Postby Vardis Kree » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:59 pm

I love the Idea!!!!!
LtCmdr Dreia Frej, CENG: USS Stargazer (SFOL); LtJG. Alexi Michelle, MCO, USS Deliverance; Lt. Vardis Kree , Maintenance Lead, Paragon; Ens. T'San, Helm, ISS Tyranny; LtCdr Sineade Darnell, ACENG, USS Phoenix; LtCdr Margarite Gomez, CMO, Project Origin; Ens. D'Nara LeTral, Helm, USS Providence
Visit my Blog : Blog from Another Morse.
Vardis Kree
Veteran Member

Postby trekkie_lizard » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:30 am

Sounds great, except two things. I am now mainly a Stargate simmer (used to be a Trek simmer few years back), and I ONLY do MB sims, because email sims take up space.
Chris Farrell, Ph.D.
First Lt. Hunter Bailey
Stargate: Libertas

Image Image Image Image
trekkie_lizard

Postby AdmShuni » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:31 pm

I set the board up as a mailing list. So you can either post on the board or post via the mailing list. It's the best of both worlds.

Good luck.
Jonathan Shuni
Above All, Have Fun...
My Blog.
"Instead of valuing the unique nature of each person regardless of who they are, we seek the reasons for why they are the way they are so that we can in turn control the outcome." - J
AdmShuni
FSF Host (OOOO*)

Postby Dalchron » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:17 pm

Thanks Again Admiral. I really appreciate this.
MCO
USS Magistrate
Dalchron

Postby trekkie_lizard » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:25 pm

Ok, so how does it work?
Chris Farrell, Ph.D.
First Lt. Hunter Bailey
Stargate: Libertas

Image Image Image Image
trekkie_lizard

Postby Dalchron » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:38 am

Trekkie, you would create a Character on the boards for the sim. We are not currently putting the characters on the AMS. Then either PM or Email me the position you would like to play. We have many positions still available. Then when I start the mission, you would post to the board, which is I think you saidd how you prefer to play. We will have a lot of excitement in the sim, and welcome anyone who wants to play.
MCO
USS Magistrate
Dalchron

Return to Depts - Med & Sci