Guild Leader's Soapbox

Useful information & discussions for the Medical and Science departments that might help affect or improve your simming experience!

Guild Leader's Soapbox

Postby Dalchron » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:08 pm

Hello all my minions... Hehe, J/K Thanks to Sorveck and FSF Avalon for giving me this chance to lead a great group of people like yourselves. I hope Sorveck, that just because you are stepping down as leader that you will remain active and help where you can. To the others, I hope we can work together as good as we always do and continue to provide service to the FSF as it's main source of help for those few who ask for it.

At this time, I would like to ask that everyone please respond to this thread so I will know who is active in the guild still. I a few days, I will be setting up a poll for the guild for some activities I would like us to start. Nothing too time consuming at first, just some business we need to handle at the start of the new year. Things I am looking at will be a sim just for us in this guild. If everyone that can post will do so, then it ought to be fun.

Folks, I am not a hard man to get along with. Please post all that you are physically able to. This will make FSF Avalon and myself very happy. For those who do not like to post, please either IM me when you see me online at AIM: dalshrpshtr007 or email me at shrpshtr00797010@aol.com. In either one, please tell me what we can do to make it more fun for you.

That's it for today folks. I will make a promise to you now. I will be active in this Guild and I will do everything in my power to make it enjoyable for all. I will be adding a topic today for this type of post, and I will make it a weekly thing. Any news I hear, any interesting posts I see I will include here. It will also include any calls for help from any persons that ask for it. I will post their message here weekly as well as the link for that topic.

Thanks you all for accepting me in this position and again, I hope to see you all post here so that I know who is still active and who is a lurker.

Sincerely,

Dalchron
Guild Leader
Medical and Science Guild
FSF
Last edited by Dalchron on Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dalchron

Postby trekkie_lizard » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:00 pm

*waves* Welcome new guild leader, I am still here. Heck, I joined up not too long ago after lurking for a while, so I don't think I'll be going any time soon. Also, I might be the only non-Star Trek doctor person here. I play two Stargate doctors...
Chris Farrell, Ph.D.
First Lt. Hunter Bailey
Stargate: Libertas

Image Image Image Image
trekkie_lizard

Postby Dalchron » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:21 pm

That's ok, we won't hold that against you. :P
Major Berkitta "Kit" Idalla
MCO
USS Magistrate
Dalchron

Postby Sorveck » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:28 pm

Congrats Dalchron. And i am still active
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden,
the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.~~~~~~ Capt Picard "Drumhead"
Sorveck
FSF Host (Retired)

Postby firerater » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:02 pm

If I'm not active, then I'm a monkey's uncle...and I certainly am NOT a monkey's uncle!
Master Chief Petty Officer Sevok Admiral's Aide USS Independence Gunnery Sergeant Demlas Vrees Infantry Lead RAS Paragon
firerater
Veteran Member

Postby Harvey Dent » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:22 am

Hi uncle!

I'm here too. Nice soapbox, by the way. Teak?
Ens. Harvey Dent, CMO/CNS, USS Neptune (Dark Frontier)
Ens. HK-47 SEC, USS Neptune (Dark Frontier)
Lt. H CTAC/CSEC, USS Caudecus (Med/Sci MB)
Legion Vanguard: Legacy

FSF Research and Development Guild, MED and SCI Guild, TAC, SEC, and Marine Guild
Harvey Dent

Postby Dalchron » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:04 pm

Ratan.... Also useful for making swords.....
MCO
USS Magistrate
Dalchron

Postby Vardis Kree » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm

I'm New here! I may not be that experienced.. but I am active... ::Smiles::
LtCmdr Dreia Frej, CENG: USS Stargazer (SFOL); LtJG. Alexi Michelle, MCO, USS Deliverance; Lt. Vardis Kree , Maintenance Lead, Paragon; Ens. T'San, Helm, ISS Tyranny; LtCdr Sineade Darnell, ACENG, USS Phoenix; LtCdr Margarite Gomez, CMO, Project Origin; Ens. D'Nara LeTral, Helm, USS Providence
Visit my Blog : Blog from Another Morse.
Vardis Kree
Veteran Member

Postby Dalchron » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:11 pm

Hi again folks,

Your friendly Guild Leader here. We haven't had much activity here recently, and that may be my fault :oops: . I said when I took overthat I would be more active in this guild, and I have not been. This is partially due to the success of the Guild Sim, USS Cadecus.

Since it's inception earlier this year, the USS Cadecus has been one of the top guild's in post counts. I would like to see this group and Cadecus take over the highest two spots each month. This is for two reasons, one, it will make me look good as a guild leader, and two, for all of us non hosts out there, it will look good to the Host Hiring Board if we are active simmers when we apply to be a host.

Today, I have asked Vardis Kree to be our assistant GL, and with FSF Bauer's support, it was approved. I know that with her help, we can make this an active and exciting guild to be in again. Please welcome her aboard.

Earlier this week, FSF Bauer asked all guild leader's to send him a quick rundown of their guilds current activities, and also what we would like to see on a website that was built for all Guilds. I told him by Im that we would need two pages, one for Science, and one for Medical. I want EVERYONE to post their thoughts on what should be on those pages. This is to be done ASAP. I have not recieved any deadlines from him, but I know he'll want this to be up soon. Any one that wants to build the site for him, please contact him about it.

Well, that is all I can think of, for this entry into the Soapbox, I will be posting here more often, I would like to see more from everyone else as well.

To all our Fathers out there, please have a safe and happy Father's day tomorrow, and a belated Happy Mother's Day to all of our Mom's.
MCO
USS Magistrate
Dalchron

Postby Vardis Kree » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:32 pm

Thank you for that warm welcome.
I hope all our members will get back into the swing and start adding to the guild. We have ALL been a bit lax in that lately.

Any ideas or suggestions.. you know what to do folks!
LtCmdr Dreia Frej, CENG: USS Stargazer (SFOL); LtJG. Alexi Michelle, MCO, USS Deliverance; Lt. Vardis Kree , Maintenance Lead, Paragon; Ens. T'San, Helm, ISS Tyranny; LtCdr Sineade Darnell, ACENG, USS Phoenix; LtCdr Margarite Gomez, CMO, Project Origin; Ens. D'Nara LeTral, Helm, USS Providence
Visit my Blog : Blog from Another Morse.
Vardis Kree
Veteran Member

Postby Dalchron » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:59 am

Hello all. I have just been doing some looking at the Medical/Science Guild Roster. We have 37 Members in this guild. This fact should lead to A LOT of posting.... SO I have to ask this... Why? Why is noone but me and Vardis posting here? If we need to make it more interesting for you, let us know. We can't help you like this guild if we don't know what you want out of it. Vardis just started a new trivia game here called What would you do. I want to see everyone post to that thread, and everyone, please give me and Vardis some suggestions.

I am putting out notice now, In one week, I will look again at who is posting, and who is not. Those that do not, will be removed from the guild and will have to reapply if they want back in. Those that do rejoin will be required to post at least once a week for a period of my choosing. I have asked, I have begged, now you are on notice. Be advised.

Switching gears now, Tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern Time, We have the Anual Shuni Awards. I would like to see everyone there. At 8 starts a Trivia contest (My Points will be awarded) And at 9, the fun begins. Please make a showing. I will have a table reserved for the Medical/Science Guild and The USS Cadecus. Get there early, and I might just play Bartender.

That's all for now. Remember, In one week, I will start the culling of the roster. Please post.
MCO
USS Magistrate
Dalchron

Postby FSF Esrom » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:34 pm

Well, Folks, Until Dalchron returns I am your humble leader.

Now I don't want to be a pain, but we really need to start utilizing the Guild more. I haven't seen new posts from any one in a while. This is not good. As Members of the Medical and Science Guild we should be creative and informative. Many Sim players would be helped by information we can put here.

We need to let people know that, even if they are not a member of the guild, they are more than welcome to post questions and comments here. Perhaps if we take the time to remind ourselves why we joined the guild in the first place, we would have more involvment on all fronts.

Please help keep the M&S Guild active!
FSF ESROM
GM: ISS TYRANNY * USS Cadecus/USS Stagazer SFOL * USS Phoenix
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Postby FSF Esrom » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:51 pm

OK..Here we are at the beginning of a new month and I have not seen any action from ANYONE!! This guild should be an important part of FSF.

As members of the Medical & Science Guild we must make it easier for our fellow simmers to find information. whether that means we build our own databases or utilize others already in existance elsewhere.

Many players have a favorite place to get information. I would like to see this Guild become that. In that context, we must all strive to offer a bit more of ourselves. When you joined the guild I am sure that you had and idea or a wish to be more involved. Let's get back to basics.

I will expect to see a minimum of one post per week from every member of this guild. (Except for those on LOA)
If, in 3 weeks, you have not yet begun to post.. you will be removed from the guild. I don't need a large membership if no-one is willing to help. We need to become more creative.. and productive!!!

And now I'll step off the soapbox and let you get to it!
FSF ESROM
GM: ISS TYRANNY * USS Cadecus/USS Stagazer SFOL * USS Phoenix
FSF Esrom
FSF Host (O****)

Return to Depts - Med & Sci