Star Trek Bridge crew

Star Trek Bridge crew

Postby Ramsay » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:49 am ... ridge-crew
yesterday at E3 Ubisoft announced the Next Star trek Game, And the Implications are enough I think to warrant some discussion. Todate Star trek games have been 2D with either Bridge simulators, FSP in the case of Elite force or fighter type simulators the most expansive having been Star Trek Online. This new game may open a whole new level of gaming.
The biggest change is the platforms Oculus Rift, PS VR and the HTC Vive is pushing Virtual reality technologies meaning that this could be the start of Actually experiencing some degree of Trek from the first person. All indications are a Immersive bridge simulator Where in you and anyone else with you would take the role of a crewmember of a Starship. the Story line right now is based off the JJverse story line with you being assigned to the USS Aegis. The technologies of modern gaming VR include motion Capture and lip sync technologies meaning you yes you would be able to walk talk and interact to some degree in character.

this of course the First generation of the system and who knows where it will go. Perhaps an Away team mod down the line where you can phaser or explore a planet. Recently I read of a virtual Theme park called the VOID where in wearing a Vr system a player enters a simple set environment and is allowed to explore or interact.
Lt. Carson Irvine Walker US Army SG4, Stargate Command.
Staff Sergeant Maddison Howell USAF SG5, Stargate Command, Delta Fleet
Veteran Member

Re: Star Trek Bridge crew

Postby FSF Ward » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:16 pm

This simply looks amazing and it awesome to see that Star Trek is making such an early showing in VR. I'm excited for where they could possibly take this into the future. Definitely something to watch closely going forward.
Chief Logistics Officer
FSF Ward
FSF Host (****)

Return to Video Games