Mia's Logs

For the command staff and crew of the USS John C. Stennis to post briefings and logs.

Re: Mia's Logs

Postby Mia Cummings » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 am

She felt good. Not great mind you, but seeing Merlin always made her day so much brighter. And the fact that she had taken a break from sick bay and came to the bridge bearing coffee so that they could try to share a few moments together. She had to force away thoughts of other times she'd been on the bridge. Like the time she ended up blinded.. Merlin had taken care of her.. and she loved how gentle and nervous he'd been. But then she was whisked away to that planet.. alone. She mentally shook her head to push those thoughts away. She needed to concentrate on the present. Looking out the view screen at the area and trying to stifle the shudder at the sight of the Borg vessels. Her thoughts wandered to the more recent past and a small smile tugged at her lips. Her hand automatically went to caress the beautiful knife she'd been given. The one that had been so special to him because it was made for someone he'd loved dearly. She looked over at Merlin, his concentration on the terminal in front of him, and she knew she loved him.

They had shared a room on the station while they had waited to see what was going to happen with the crew. Mia had gotten so used to seeing Merlin all the time. She loved how he would let her massage his shoulders and back and he would just drift off to sleep when she ran her hand through his hair. She also loved how his eyes would gleam whenever he was passionate about something. She wanted to wrap him in her arms right now. But the bridge was just not the place to do that. She really missed waking up to hearing him moving about. She sighed sadly and sipped her coffee.

She let a small smile cross her face as she turned towards Merlin, "I can't stay for too long. I just wanted to see you. I guess the idea of being around all these Borg has me nervous. And I just feel safer near you."
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:29 pm

She'd been frantic to find Merlin. And Beckett had delayed so much she wanted to sedate the woman and go alone. Then somehow she was back on the Stennis, and Black had managed to rescue Merlin. All of that was the easy part.

Whatever had been done to Merlin had been severe. He didn't recognize them. Didn't know who he was. He woken up fighting. Unfortunately she was the closest to him when he did and she was knocked off her feet by his punch. She'd managed to stay conscious and had dived after him with the hypo. She wasn't surprised that it had little affect on him. She's managed to follow him though. All the way to the Ready Room by way of engineering access tunnels throughout the ship. He managed to toss her again before Black's voice calmed him. She was Sure Allyson had been ready to shoot him if Merlin didn't calm down. And in his current medical condition, that could have been a very dangerous event.

Back in sickbay, looking over the results of blood tests that showed high levels of a cocktail of interrogation drugs that were found in Merlin's bloodstream, she was amazed anyone had been able to get through to him. It would take time for the drugs affects to wear off. There were a couple that she was worried about. A nurse came over and informed her Merlin was awake, and that she had been getting his sponge bath ready. Mia smiled, "I'll take care of that, You go help Gillian." The nurse nodded with a smile towards Merlin and went off.

Mia came close to the bed, "Well Hello there." She began the sponge bath, cleaning the dirt and sweat from his ordeal from his body. "Welcome Back. I was starting to think you were going to sleep all day." She ran the cloth over his arms and proceeded to clean his chest as she spoke. "You really had me going."

She kept her eyes locked on his as she spoke, Smiling down at him and brushing the cloth across his forehead gently. She could see the confusion on his face, but hid her emotions from him. Right now he needed comfort more than she did, even if all she wanted to do was hold him tight and kiss him.

Merlin wrote:“Thank you ma’am that feels nice, now who are you? Who am I? Where am I? I need answers. . .”

Mia smiled, fighting the sting of tears that he didn't know her. "Well, I am Dr Mia Cummings. You are Lt Cmdr Merlin, you are in sickbay on board the USS Stennis. And I'll answer any other questions, if I can. "

<tag Merlin>
Mia Cummings; AMO/Lt.: USS John C Stennis - CSEC/Lt.: USS Stargazer SFOL * Sa'Ra;Security Officer/Ensign: USS Firewall * Cdr. Amber (Tamara) Darius-Belmont - Chief Medical Officer: USS Atlantis * Lt Amelia "Mia" Moore, CSCI; USS Eternity *
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Mia stood by the door to their quarters watching Merlin. It was obvious that he had no memory of her, or of their relationship. Buffy had placed the holocube on the table. Mia had hoped to trigger his memories by placing the dagger on the table. The dagger he himself had created as a gift for Janet and had held onto since her death and had only recently gifted it to her. She stepped back again to allow him space to visit with his 'wife'. Mia knew it had been a while since he'd spoken to her in this manner. She had thought they were finally going to be happy together.

"If you want to be alone to view the holocube, I will wait in the bedroom." She didn't wait for an answer but made for the other room.

Mia sat on the edge of the bed stiffly. Fighting the tears that threatened to spill forth. All the toils they had already suffered through. All the times Merlin had saved her life and she couldn't help him now. She looked around the room that combined both of their lives and lost her fight.

<tag Merlin>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Mia walked quietly next to Merlin as he 'thought and counted'. She wondered if she should stay quiet or if she should try to trigger some of him memories. It almost was strange, all the things they had been through together. There was the time she was almost served up as a meal for thousands of spiders by their very large mother. Merlin had cut her free and carried her, still paralyzed from the spider's venom, to safety. And there was the time they had both been in the brig and he had used her body to short out a security force field and then carried her unconscious body out and up through the jefferies tubes to safety. And then the time when they had gone back in time. Mia had only wanted to bring happiness back to Merlin and she'd beamed down to the planet to try to stop the untimely death of his wife. Merlin had found her and stopped her, and all she'd managed to do was to make him relive the worst moments of his life. Then there was that Q thing that had taken her when she was temporarily blinded and dumped her alone on a dying planet. It had been Merlin who had come to rescue her. If that wasn't love, then she didn't know what was.

She took a deep breath, "Merlin, do you remember an incident on a planet with a very large," she shivered at her own memory and fought down her feelings, "A large spider.. that dragged me away?"

<Tag Merlin>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Mia's thoughts were in turmoil. She was treating the new "temporary" XO, Commander Harris for knife wounds. All three prefectly balanced knives were ones she had so recently seen in her room earlier. When Merlin had taken them from the nightstand and placed them in the sheathes on his person.

Now she had this man, Harris, sitting on a biobed while she slowly reknit the tissue as the balds were withdrawn. She'd given Harris some pain blockers so he wouldn't feel every movement of the blades, but she couldn't just pull them out. Unfortunately, they were the one thing keeping the Commander from bleeding out in less than 5 minutes. Each blade had cut into a major artery. If they had pulled them out, blood loss would have been quick and messy.

What had Merlin gotten himself into now? She thought about what she could do to help him as she treated Harris.

<Tag to Harris or Merlin if they wish>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:01 am

She was working on removing the second blade, carefully closing the artery millimeter by millimeter, She heard footsteps entering sick bay but she could not look up from what she was doing to see who it was, but the fluttery feeling in her stomach told her it was Merlin. Before she could look up he had gone over to the controls and she heard the sizzle of a containment field coming to life around them.

Mia frowned as Merlin walked over and stood next to her.

Merlin wrote:“I know you have lots of questions and I am in a heap of trouble but he is a poser. I finally had a flood of early memories that I had suppressed. He use to be one of my training and command officers with the name of Klesko. We had a falling out when I became better than him. He is the one that set my life in motion. He is the one that sent me to SF HQ where I met. . .well you know where it goes from there.”

“He should survive, I placed the knives to incapacitate him and so that only a trained medical officer could remove them. If he had been stupid enough to pull one he would have bled out within minutes.”

“I want to question him and get the information I need to present to the Captain so that she knows there is an imposter posing as the XO on this ship.”

Mia tried to think of what she could do to make Merlin see reason. His past had been buried. It was quite possible that Commander Harris was not this Klesko. While she wasn't particularly thrilled with the man, she could not be a party to unlawful detainment and interrogation of a Star Fleet Officer. Merlin moved away from the biobed. At first she thought he was going to start pacing, like he had been doing in their quarters for the past few days as he fought to regain his memory.

She glanced over when she saw him mixing up some drugs and then pursed her lips when his laid the loaded hypo next to her.

Merlin wrote:“When you are done you need to inject him with that it will help get the answers that I need.”

Mia shook her head slightly as she finished closing the second wound and began on the third, "Merlin, I love you, you know that, but this is against every thing I believe in. I have no idea what you put in that hypo. I cannot, in good conscience, inject the Commander with it." She kept the regenerator focused on the artery as she began the tedious process of removal and repair for the third time. "Do you realize what you've done? Do you care that you have jeopardized everything because your mind is trying to fill in the blanks, some of which may or may not be correct. Do you even realize that you have placed me in an impossible position? "

Once the danger of the commander bleeding out was over by sealing the artery, she tugged out the blade the rest of the way, then turned with it still in her hand to face Merlin. The tears she'd been holding back broke through the dam and fell down her cheeks, "I'm sorry, Love, but I can't help you. You need to find another way."

<tag Harris/Klesko or Merlin>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Mia had finished treating the Commander. She did not like the man. He never seemed to answer anyone's questions and she was certain that most of what he did say was either exaggerated or an outright lie. But that didn't mean she could ignore her duty. Once Harris was on his way out of sickbay she headed down to the brig to see how Merlin was doing. Buffy was already there and Mia wondered if she'd been able to get Merlin to talk.

To say she;d been shocked to see Admiral Black walk into the Brig was a vast understatement. Both she and Buffy, as well as the security officer, were shooed out of the area so he could speak to Merlin alone. while they waited outside the Brig, she spoke to Buffy about her concerns. Mia was terrified that after all She and Merlin had been through, and finally starting a life together, that whatever his captors had done had destroyed was they had built. And of course she was extremely worried about Merlin. She had thought he was doing well, but if just seeing someone could cause an episode like this, could she ever be sure he was stable?

God how she loved him.

Black called them back in and Mia returned, the Security officer lowering the field so she could enter Merlin's cell and treat his injuries. She was pleased to see his mood had improved. She was concerned however that he had damaged his hands. She held one resting in the palm of her hand as she scanned the damage. "Merlin you really need to stop playing with force fields," She said quietly, her head bowed to her task as she began treating the damages nerves and dermis.

<Tag Merlin>
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 pm

She really wished Merlin was here. He'd know what to do. With Black, Merlin and Buffy on the planet.. someone has used the Stennis for their nefarious deeds. From what she could piece together.. they had left orbit after apparently attacking one of the other vessels in orbit and they were now fighting to get control of the ship back. Power had been shut down in several areas. For a time she'd been locked in the transporter room. Transporters were down and the doors refused to open. Lord only knew what would happen next.

And all she could think was that she really wished Merlin was here.
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Mia stood over Ambassador Spock's CryoBed checking the vitals once more. As discussed with Dr Learner, she felt something wasn't quite right. She'd even told Beckett of her concerns. She'd been told to work with Science, and she would. Perhaps they could determine what the heck was going on.

And perhaps she should not leave the patient in anyone else's care. Not that she didn't trust someone in the medical department, but you never did know.

She couldn't wait to get back to where Merlin was. This was all to crazy for her to make any sense, But she knew Merlin would find a way to make it right.
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:06 pm

The sudden awakening of the ambassador had startled her, but all his vitals now appeared to be within normal parameters. He wanted to go to the planet immediately, but she was reluctant to release him from her care just yet. And she really wanted to make sure that Merlin and the Admiral were ok after what had happened to the ship.

She couldn't understand why the Ambassador wouldn't want her along to make sure he was not going to relapse and bringing Dutcher along as protection didn't seem like a bad idea either considering he'd already been attacked once.

If only they could convince the Ambassador and get to the surface, she'd feel a lot better about their current predicament.

And she really wanted to see Merlin.
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Sometimes I wonder about this crew. Try to spend just a little quality time with Merlin. Is that too much to ask? Instead he's called to the bridge. And I am left to rinse off in the shower in his work shop alone. I should have known something would happen. Seems the Chief has a mean streak. I had just stepped from the shower and toweled off and was reaching for my clothes when Dutcher decided it would be a good time to transport me to the bridge as well. There I was, naked as the day I was born, on the bridge with only my hands to cover my..umm.. assets. I couldn't have been more embarrassed. Thank god Black let me use the ready room to get some clothes and get dressed.

But at least that whole fiasco with the Romulans and Klingons and the Ambassador is over. There have been a lot of arrests and the Romulans are blaming some rouge group for it all. I am less than convinced that such is the case, but accusing the Romulan Senate of trying to incite a war between the Federation and the Klingons is not going to happen. At least not unless there is hard evidence to support it, and I doubt that will ever come to light.

And now, now there were holovids of her standing naked on the bridge. She had been called to the Bridge by Beckett and informed that they had been circulating.. a lot. How could they do something like that to a member of their crew, and an officer. And god save the person who did it when Merlin finds them. But I can truthfully say, I would not be all that concerned with their welfare. Someone definitely deserves to be punished for this.
I only wish I knew how many of these holovids are floating around out there.

Now I am here in the Quarters I share with Merlin and trying to figure out how to tell him. And really all I want to do is find someplace to hide until all this blows over.
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:11 pm

It was fairly quiet in sickbay, which in itself should have been a sign that things were about to get crazy. She'd been called to the Bridge and told to bring sedatives with her. As she exited sick bay, she was met by a sight that brought her to a stop. Robert, the boy who had been her friend. The boy who had been killed by spiders in front of her, and he was standing in the corridor, watching her. Her first thought was that her imagination was getting the best of her. She'd moved past the apparition and entered the Turbo lift. 'Robert' had followed and spoke to her, saying he was there to help her cross over.

She stepped off the TL, ignoring the words of the ghost and stepped into chaos on the bridge.
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Mia couldn't take much more of this. "Angels" and "Demons" fighting for their souls and the ghost of her childhood friend still trying to convince her to 'cross over'. But she knew she wasn't dead. She had to find a way to fight against whatever was trying to take them over.

"We need to find a way to stop these things and get our people back." She thought as she backed away from the 'battle'. The questions was just how were they going to be able to do it without these.. things... finding out.
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:52 pm

I just got a promotion. I was totally surprised by this. I can't wait to share the good news with Merlin. But I bet this will mean a lot more work. Not that I am complaining, mind you, but I just hope it doesn't take away from my time with Merlin. We seem to have had so little of that lately.
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:43 pm

To say she was worried was a huge understatement. She was helping to herd all the remaining crew into Cargo Hold two to be used at bait, including herself. And the Angel's had changed Merlin into one of them to fight against the darkness. And there was no guarantee that any of this would work, or that any of them would survive.

Even worse, If Merlin fell in battle, he was lost to her forever. She just couldn't stop thinking about that. If she lost him, she wasn't sure she would want to survive. After all they'd been through, it just wasn't fair.
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:33 pm

"This day couldn't be more perfect," Mia thought to herself as she lay in the sand next to Merlin, who had already drifted off to sleep. She was very happy to be here and even more so to have Merlin here with her and not lost to her during the battle. It was odd in a way that she could feel his presence beside her even when she could not see his form. She just knew. She also knew when he'd been hurt. It was as if a scalpel had plunged into her own heart. But there was nothing she'd been able to do for him. The angel had given his existence up so that Merlin would live. It reminded her of a quote from her grandfather's old bible. "The greatest gift one can give is to give his life for another." Or something like that. That Angel had done just that, and she would be forever grateful for this gift. She sipped her drink and lay her head on her arms in the sand. It felt exhilarating, naked in the sand with the sun shining down on their backs. The peaceful sounds of the water lapping on the shore and Merlin's unusually quiet snoring lulled her off to sleep. She dreamed of a future in which she and Merlin had a family, three children of various ages were playing tag with their father, who was laughing as the children all tackled him and began to tickle him.
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Postby Mia Cummings » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:15 pm

Mia's thoughts where going a sector a minute. She'd thought she would have to use that package in their first few minutes but apparently, whoever had provided the Admiral's cover had done a thorough job and they were soon pass the sentry, She worried that Buffy was going to get hurt the way Black had pulled at the chain, but there was nothing she could do or she would give them away. She was S'anra nanclus, private physician to Miral R'Mor, a Romulan Dignitary. Buffy was his slave, and should not be given any visible consideration. Jenica had the hardest job. At least in Mia's opinion. Buffy already knew what it meant to be a slave, and As for herself, playing personal doctor was not that much of a stretch for her. But Jen was the helm officer, and she had to pretend to be Black's, no She was Miral's assistant. That's like being a Captain's Yeoman, a position that was eliminated a very long time ago. As they continued onward Mia could not stop thinking about the Theragen and what it meant. If they were revealed she had only seconds to deliver four shots that would end their lives. She prayed it would not come to that, but if it did... Black was counting on her. This was one instance where she really wished Merlin was here. As it was, if she had to do it, she would. Merlin would never know that her last thoughts were of her love for him that they had very little time to show.

She walked behind 'Miral' and pulled her thoughts back to the mission at hand. They had to succeed, they just HAD to.
Mia Cummings
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Briefings & Logs