The FSF Seeks YOUR Help

For members of the Administration to post announcements for visitors to Starbase 254 and members of the Federation Sim Fleet. Please read our Message Board Rules before posting.

The FSF Seeks YOUR Help

Postby FSF Tommy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Greetings members of the FSF,

The FSF is a long standing organization for Role Playing, since it's beginning in 1993 it saw thousands of members who joined hundreds of sims, hosted by hundreds of hosts. It is considered to be one of if not the biggest SciFi simming groups existing today, and we hope to continue being part of your enjoyment for many years to come.
Throughout the years we have seen many ups and downs, and have experienced the changes going on in our world, whether it's the advancements of the Internet in the passing two decades, the change of life style the media gave us, and primarily, the many more options for simming these days.

Today, the FSF more than ever sees the need to focus more on our attempts to improve our group, the past couple of years weren't the greatest years for the simming community as a whole, with the many new types of social media we encounter, the simming world just didn't always kept with the flow, there are many new opportunities and options to explore, things that could possibly bring our simming experience to a new era.

We would like you to be part of that process, we call each and every one of you for help, to help us shape the future of our group for the upcoming years.
Hopefully, the next upcoming months you will see some changes, for good of course, which will most hopefully bring your entertainment here to a new level, and improve our simming options and community.

In order to take on these heavy tasks, we have formed a number of committees, each committee will hold discussion over several subjects concerning one big topic, at the end of the process the committees will form recommendations that will be presented to the FSF leadership to work on and implement.
We see this process to be extremely important, and with the wish of making it the best we possibly can, we ask for your help in it.
There are three committees open for members to join those committees are as follows:
1. The Role Playing Committee - Our group's primary focus is Role Playing, we seek to look at new options and types of Role Playing, bring on new simulations in new genres that were yet to be shown in the FSF, this committee deals with all those subjects.
2. The Community Committee - This committee will handle all subjects related to improving our community and social media aspects, including better use of Facebook, Twitter and possibly any other thing that will make our community better.
3. The Website Committee - This committee deals with everything related to our website and forums, we have seen a couple of changes over the last couple of months, and are already in the works on several more, but we need your help in order to see where we can improve on everything web related.

These are the committees, each committee has at least a couple of spots open for members to join, and we hope for them to start their work after next weekend, we truly value your input and hope you will join us in shaping the future of the FSF.

If you'd like to join any of these committees, please either reply to this thread, or email FSFTommy@sb254.com

Thank you.
Tom Leyton
FSF Website Director
FSF IRC Team
FSF Tommy
FSF Host (OO*)

Re: The FSF Seeks YOUR Help

Postby Dalchron » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:51 pm

FSF Tommy,

I would like to join the Role-Playing committee. I think I can be a valuable asset to them in identifying new and exciting genre's in the simming world, as well as new plot types for those games that already exist.
Major Berkitta "Kit" Idalla
MCO
USS Magistrate
Dalchron

Postby FSF Tommy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 pm

We'll be glad to have you. :)
Tom Leyton
FSF Website Director
FSF IRC Team
FSF Tommy
FSF Host (OO*)

Postby The Writer » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:29 am

I would be more than happy to throw my hand into this ring of committees. I would say my expertise is probably more to the Role Playing aspect BUT, I can go where I'm needed.
~Gabriel "The Writer" Logan
The Writer
Post Guru

Postby FSF Tommy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:43 pm

I signed you up to the role playing committee, if you'd like to join one of the others just let me know, thanks! :)
Tom Leyton
FSF Website Director
FSF IRC Team
FSF Tommy
FSF Host (OO*)

Postby FSF Tommy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:19 pm

If it wasn't clear so far, these committees are open for any member to join (non hosts included).
Tom Leyton
FSF Website Director
FSF IRC Team
FSF Tommy
FSF Host (OO*)

Postby FSF Hawg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:48 pm

There is still room in a few committees, so sign up if you'd like to help!
FSF Hawg
FSF Host (Retired)

Return to Announcements